BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Citadel View Post
    Chaos goes up versus the eight incarnates in End Times: Archaon. They are the ones you know and some HUGE surprises.

Here are the 8 mortals who will try to save the world - but stop reading now if you can't take spoilers.

<><><><><><><><>SPOLIERS<><><><><><><><>

Malekith - Incarnate of Shadow
    Alarielle - Incarnate of Life
    Karl Franz - Incarnate of Heavens
    Nagash - Incarnate of Death

And the new ones:

Grimgor - Incarnate of Beasts
    Balthasar Gelt - Incarnate of Metal
    Caradryan - Incarnate of Fire

and last but NOT least

Tyrion - Incarnate of Light
    Nope.

Caradryan - D.E.D. - Dead.
    Tyrion - has been eaten by Slaanesh/Slaaneshi Daemon, same time as Morathi, and had already been murdered by Alit Anar with his bow (who then shot Malekith out of spite, the big git). There ain't no coming back from being dead, and then having your soul interfered with in a most horrific way by the biggest perv reality and unreality have ever seen.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nope.

Caradryan - D.E.D. - Dead.
    Tyrion - has been eaten by Slaanesh/Slaaneshi Daemon, same time as Morathi, and had already been murdered by Alit Anar with his bow (who then shot Malekith out of spite, the big git). There ain't no coming back from being dead, and then having your soul interfered with in a most horrific way by the biggest perv reality and unreality have ever seen.
    I see no mention of Caradryan's death in End Times: Khaine.
    Tyrion did not fall prey to Slaanesh, you are thinking of Caledor Dragontamer who held Morathi in a vice grip so that she couldn't escape Slaanesh.

As we have already seen in the End Times series, death is no barrier to resurrection.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

I'm sure Caradryan buys the farm in Khaine?

But yeah - no spoliers there. Especially as Ungrim Ironfist is the incarnate of fire, on account he's the incarnate of fire. Interwebular nonsense is nonsense all the same!

And Tyrion's soul would be consumed by Slaanesh anyway - all the Elven gods barring one have snuffed it, leaving Slaanesh alone at the smorgasbord of the soul.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'm sure Caradryan buys the farm in Khaine?

But yeah - no spoliers there. Especially as Ungrim Ironfist is the incarnate of fire, on account he's the incarnate of fire. Interwebular nonsense is nonsense all the same!

And Tyrion's soul would be consumed by Slaanesh anyway - all the Elven gods barring one have snuffed it, leaving Slaanesh alone at the smorgasbord of the soul.
    I checked it just then and the last mention of Caradryan is when Malekith rides out to save him and his outnumbered Phoenix Guard regiment from certain death, it may have been covered more in the novel.

Well, apparently the end of that new Skaven novel says that the Winds of Fire and Metal leave Ungrim and Thorgrim respectively after the final battle at Karaz-a-Karak. It can be assumed that as the winds weren't properly "bound" to these hosts, they could seek new hosts at whim.

I'm betting that's not the case, Eldyra (Tyrion's former squire, supposedly turned vampire by Mannfred) is explicitly stated to have become the Elven Goddess of the Dead. Coincidence?

I'm not doubting that these rumours sound dodgy, but I can definitely see how they would be possible. If they are true, I think Elf players will be rejoicing for sure as Tyrion is probably the most iconic Elven character, that and a resurrected Tyrion would kind of be one of the most terrifying foes for Chaos to face - whether he is possessed by Khaine or not.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Haven't finished Thanquol yet, didn't realise the Incarnates flitted about.

Hmm. Still calling nonsense on the rumours though - no sourced cited.

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Well, apparently the end of that new Skaven novel says that the Winds of Fire and Metal leave Ungrim and Thorgrim respectively after the final battle at Karaz-a-Karak. It can be assumed that as the winds weren't properly "bound" to these hosts, they could seek new hosts at whim.
    Actually, just looked through that, trying to find anything I could, and even at the end Ungrim is still a flaming beacon of fire. There *is* the implication that Thorgrim gained Metal temporarily and it left him (which is probably how he was able to be killed), but nothing I saw actually says or suggests Fire left Ungrim. And since Ungrim is leading a pretty vicious army up north to face off against Archaon, it makes sense for him to remain the Incarnate of Fire, since he's already heading where the Incarnate will be needed.

I also still can't imagine why GW would print rules for Ungrim as the Incarnate of Fire and all, and then decide that someone else is going to become the Incarnate of Fire. Throgrim didn't stick around as a possible Incarnate of Metal, hence no rules for him as such.

I'm sceptical. Also as 'huge surprises' go that isn't one. It's like a fancast.

I'm still hoping they do something with the Countess of Nuln, like have her unite the human forces. I mean she survived the population of Nuln going cray cray, she survived the destruction of Altdorf and actively fought in it's defense, then she survives the fall of Nuln too. Seems like they are building up to something and I hope they do.
    Last edited by eldargal; 01-22-2015 at 08:35 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm sceptical. Also as 'huge surprises' go that isn't one. It's like a fancast.

I'm still hoping they do something with the Countess of Nuln, like have her unite the human forces. I mean she survived the population of Nuln going cray cray, she survived the destruction of Altdorf and actively fought in it's defense, then she survives the fall of Nuln too. Seems like they are building up to something and I hope they do.
    Empress?

Hopefully.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

She has been pretty badass so far - even if she hasn't herself been fighty. As you've listed, she's survived as much as anyone could have hoped. Indeed, only Karl Franz has survived more (direct proper kicking), and even then he sort-of-cheated.....

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast