BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Great Gargant

Battle-Brother

Default Great Gargant

I haven't had too much time for painting and modelling for a while - hence no progress on the Blood Pact, but being a butterfly, I've gone back to working on some Orks - largely because I need to have this Gargant in playable form by the end of the month!

This is how I bought the Gargant on Ebay in December - made of cardboard tube and normal paper punch rivets. A great start but I thought I could improve it - you may disagree!

All the rivets were removed (it took ages) and the surface was re covered with styrene sheet (the arms are removable)

Some detail was added to the back

Scale shot with Stompa and Killa Kan

Gaze of Mork detail added

More pipes!

Patrick Moore monocle and frown look

It's a Great Gargant so needs shoulder stations - observation platform is started

Belly Gun gets and extension and a Big Shoota is added to the covered embrasures

More to post - hitting the pic limit!

Battle-Brother

Poor image, but the engine has some details

Progress shot from the front
    [hr]Other shoulder weapon mount - kannon

While I was building turrets, started 4 for my MegaGargant project

More work on the observation platform

Big Shoota again

Winter themed scheme starts to be applied - to match the rest of my Blood Axes (I'll post up pic of these if anyone wants to see them, but they are elsewhere on the web.

Last edited by SirTainly; 02-14-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

WWAAAAGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Dats uh good'n Boss!
    My log below
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?36025-The-Addams-Factory

Brother-Captain

That's looking really nice, love the face, he looks seriously peeved! Given that it's a Mega Gargant are you going to have the Weirdboy tower on it?

Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

Brakkart - he said great not mega gargant.

ST really impressed with what you are doing, although I feel the belly gun could do with being more shooty.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Brakkart - he said great not mega gargant.

ST really impressed with what you are doing, although I feel the belly gun could do with being more shooty.
    So he did... *makes memo to self* Self do not post on the internet before having morning coffee!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Battle-Brother

thanks guys!

No worry about the confusion, I did slip an image in there from my Mega Gargant project - the extra turrets.

Re. the belly gun. I would have liked to have change it more, but it was firmly glued in, and I didn't want to break the structure getting it out, so it just got the barrel extension and some rivets.

It's still not 100% done as the crew are still unfinished, and the CC arm is untouched - I'm torn between rebuilding it with a second saw disc or replacing it with a lifta droppa arm. As I'm not likely to need it until November for Apocalypticon UK, I'll take a while to decide.

Here are some shots of it before it got packed away until the next Apoc game.