BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tau are one of the strongest armies ATM, so it will serve you well.

Wow, so they have moved up with the new codex, I do not plan on buying anything new yet but I think the Riptide looks pretty good form the batreps I have watched.

Quote Originally Posted by bob10182 View Post
    Wow, so they have moved up with the new codex, I do not plan on buying anything new yet but I think the Riptide looks pretty good form the batreps I have watched.
    trip-rip isnt going to win you friends !

but the real abuse in the tau codex is a bit off the wall.

run dual ethereals for the morale bubble [100pts !] and you might get bonus warlord traits ! [im liking the command traits in the brb] - all your units become ld 10 for a far lower cost than upgrading - and you get other ethereal bonuses - just dont get them killed !

keep your units tight and small, [not going to give a list - everyone has their own opinions] - almost everything gives 'supporting fire' - just keep enough ap2 / melta weapons in there to deter av14 and terminators.

and im not going to mention smart missiles - we have made them TL only if they can see the target and -2 to cover instead of ignores ! [they were death incarnate to all t3 troop types]

if riptides seem a tad point heavy - three solo missile-sides with drones can knock flyers out of the air for about the same cost !

Ok, yeah I saw the ethereal and his abilities, I am going to run one and a crisis commander. I am not sure about the riptides just yet since I am going to play with what I have for now. But it sounds like I am back with my Tau force and just waiting to get a game in .

Quote Originally Posted by bob10182 View Post
    Ok, yeah I saw the ethereal and his abilities, I am going to run one and a crisis commander. I am not sure about the riptides just yet since I am going to play with what I have for now. But it sounds like I am back with my Tau force and just waiting to get a game in .
    the only major problem im finding, now ive got enough fusion guns in the tau-army, is the small size of stealth teams - even with their save bonuses they still get picked on - especially by heavy weapons.

ive taken to popping and eldar allied wraithguard unit in - with a cheap seer on foot and 6 guard in a serpent.

I guess I am just old school and I prefer to keep it all from the Tau Codex. I usually run 9-12 crisis suits and I don't run stealth teams. I find the suits intimidate opponents much more and keep a steady flow of twin linked missile pods harassing the opponent.

Maelstrom and the Tactical Cards (Escalating Missions) are the way things are going in General in 40k

Its also a much more interesting game to play that the standard war missions and also stops armies built to just camp and not move

I don't know what Malestrom is but I have seen the tactical cards on some batreps. I agree that the way the missions and the points that are awarded for completing in game objectives is one reason that I am coming back. Although I play Tau and they can be quite good at sitting in the backfield I enjoy maneuver and mobile warfare. Thanks again to everyone who has helped me get motivated to play again.

Whatever you use, make sure to use Early Warning Override on whatever can take it. For 5 points those units will get Interceptor!

I have no idea what interceptor does because it was not in fifth edition....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast