BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I find two things interesting about it so far.

The first is that the autocannon are sold separately despite the experimental rules not giving you the option to swap them for anything or refrain from taking them, suggesting that the non-experimental rules will have more options. I'm hoping for a magna-melta array, though volkite stuff would also be really cool (except hot).

The second is the phrase "80mm plastic base." The base in the pictures is pretty clearly round, so it's not the Carnifex base from Deathstorm, and AFAIK no plastic kit yet released has an 80mm round base. I wonder what will be coming out from GW on that base?

Now to go run the maths and see if the autocannon array is better at obliterating Stormravens than a skyspear missile...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    That might lessen the pain, I'd be interested to see it next to a marine.
    Asked and answered:

I think it looks pretty awesome and nice rules for it too. I am curious to see what other weapon load outs come out for it but I'll certainly be getting one to bolster my Imperial Fists.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Looks like GW are really diversifying base sizes. About time, annoying trying to fit some models they decided to put on bases barely big enough to fit them.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Asked and answered:

I think it looks pretty awesome and nice rules for it too. I am curious to see what other weapon load outs come out for it but I'll certainly be getting one to bolster my Imperial Fists.
    Doh, should have hit the down arrow, ta.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chaplain

It's HUGE!! Price tag doesn't seem so outrageous now... Sold.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

thats standard contemptor size Silver, inst it?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Well, the bodies are the same size but the missile launcher adds a lot of height. I'm not sure if the legs are the same bits or not (edit: those toes are definitely different).

Last edited by Houghten; 01-24-2015 at 05:19 PM.

First-Captain

Ordered mine at Warhammer World, it'll be sent out Friday for no delivery cost, nice!

I certainly didn't get to see a sneak preview of one in the blisters and gawp at how massive its cannons actually are
    Last edited by Path Walker; 01-26-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Well, the bodies are the same size but the missile launcher adds a lot of height. I'm not sure if the legs are the same bits or not (edit: those toes are definitely different).

Yep. Same height, but Deredo is far bulkier.

Now, I wonder what the Close Assault Dreadnought will look like? Furibundus pattern I reckon, seeing as they're using the old pattern names.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I like what they did with the feet. It lends to the story of how much firepower it unleashes that it needs extra support.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345