BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Immortal wraithknight and why Nids can't stop them

It has recently been pointed out to me that wraithknights are the most OP thing in 40k and that they are regularly complained about and hated by the foes of Eldar. It appears none more so than Tyranids. Why you ask? Because nothing in the tyranid army can counter it, and if Eldar bring one to battle you are effectively beaten before the game begins. Let me explain the reason behind this a bit
    Stock wraithknights are T8 with 6 wounds. Nids can't really hurt T8 at all. And anything that can will be dead before it can possibly get anywhere near him.
    They also come armed with 2 heavy 1 S10 guns. Tyranids are devastated by the toll these 2 shots can cause every turn. It only 3 turns he could kill a tervigon!!!!!! (Unless of course you roll a 6 to wound)
    I am interested to hear what poor ideas the community can come up with to eliminate the massive cheese that is a wraithknight, however bare in mind that even tho I'm comparing the op of the wraithknight if you tell me a unit that can kill him I'm just going to tell you that the rest of the Eldar army will kill it first.

Librarian

Take a deep breath.

Let it out slow.

Remember that most games are decided by good tactics, not individual models. If you can tie up that Wraithknight with some Termagaunts in close combat supported by Synapse, especially if you keep popping out more Termagaunts from a Tervigon, then his 250+ points will be tied up by your... free units. They'll be Fearless because of synapse and therefore won't break after he does his several attacks. Yeah, they won't hurt it, but it won't be hurting anything of yours. Play smart, shield your guys with intervening models for cover saves, and drown it (and the rest of his army) in tiny gribblies.

Maybe I was too Light on the sarcasm in this post 😏

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Currey View Post
    Maybe I was too Light on the sarcasm in this post 😏
    tbh it read like you were throwing a conniption fit. :I

Veteran-Sergeant

I've seen a wriathknnight go down to a pack of Genestealers running with toxin sacs
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    tbh it read like you were throwing a conniption fit. :I
    I wrote it in the sort of language used by the person who told me and argues that Tyranids can't beat eldar

If you are as annoyed by this guy's complaining as you act like you are, why subject the rest of us to it?

Chapter-Master

Its been a while since I've played against Nids, but do Carnifex's still exist? Surely they're str 8 or higher right?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I didn't bother with fexes, my opponent moved their wraithknight up in range of my entire army and between hive guard shots, Exocrine shots, Hive tyrant shots and vector strikes as well as any thing else I had that even had a chance to would it I took it down on my first turn. It also gave my army some thing to do first turn besides trudge forward. I personally don't have to much trouble with other monstrous creatures its vehicles with high armor values that give me the most trouble. Oh and carnifexs are str nine, ten if you give them crushing claws.

Sorry to subject you guys to this persons ignorance, but this was mostly to prove a point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast