BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Denzark's Scrapheap Challenge - Murderfang Dreadnought.

Hello Chaps.

Denzark Junior being a splendid young chappy, bought me the Space Wolf Dread kit for Chrimbo. Now, this is an excellent kit, with loads of spares and accessories, but whilst it can build 3 marks of dread, you really only have the essentials for one.

Now, I have never been one for magnetising, I fancied a Bjorn and my boy fancied a Murderfang. So, I searched my bitzbox to see what I could do.

This small post will show how to use a few spare parts to get a second dread from your wolf dread kit, and also how I did it. Hope it is of interest...

- - - Updated - - -

So, the first thing has to be Murderfang's head. This bad boy is instantly recognisable by having a bare wulfen head, and BFO claws. Both of these features should stay! So you will need a dread sarcophagus for the wulfen to fit into. As it is quite ragged, I found an old metal Chaos dread. Clipping out the helmet and a lot of filing of the centre piece, the wulfen fits nicely. The arrows show where chaos iconography came off.

- - - Updated - - -

So, step 2. Onto the arm. You WILL need a spare right arm. Luckily I had an Imp dread - the powerfist arm - because the murderfang carries built-in storm bolter on one arm. Chop the fist hand off the arm - you will also need to take the lug off for smoothest fit. first picture shows lug removed, second shows claw fitted flush.

- - - Updated - - -

Step 3. You WILL need extra legs. I again used Chaos dread. It just adds to the weird battered look of the murderfang. However, I was missing feet. Another rummage in the bitz box revealed old RT sentinel 'chicken walker' feet. I thought, why the hell not!

- - - Updated - - -

You will need to take lugs off the dread feet to fit chicken walker. Incidentally, when looking for dreadnought feet spares on fleabay, the cheapest I could find was for Kryzmov whassisname's throne of doom.

- - - Updated - - -

Next, the dreadnought waist. Again, using the old Chaos waist. The arrows show where you will need to modify - the old dread carried on-board storm bolters, I point to where the barrel and magazine needs to be removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Next, a front-on view. You WILL need new engine/exhaust parts. In the event I went for Leman Russ parts - they cover a lot of space.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, you WON'T need a left arm. Because the murder fang and ven dread are 2 x close combat, and Bjorn has a ranged arm. Hence the kit has one. However, remember how the left arm had a storm bolter? Well the right arm therefore needs heavy flamer. This pic shows where I cut the magazine of the original storm bolter, and added the barrels of a guard heavy flamer from one of the vehicle kits.

- - - Updated - - -

And that as they say, is that. Except for a bit of paint. bearing in mind that this is a lunatic who is frozen in between battles, I went for quite a battered look, as follows:

Mr Flibble is very cross (Blood for the blood god and the toothbrush technique.)

A little bit Wolverine I know. Also - spot where a foul xenos met its well deserved end.

I hope you find this useful/interesting.
    Last edited by Denzark; 01-28-2015 at 06:50 PM.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

My take away from this is that Mr. Flibble is definitely going to be the name of one of my future pets.

As for the conversion, absolutely cracking!

Chapter-Master

Now what happens when Mr Flibble gets cross? 2 Hours WOO?

Very nice use of spares 'Zark.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

First-Captain

wow it's amazing what you can build out of a few old broken parts from your bitz box, My virtual hat off to you Denzark, Cracking good work!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Occuli Imperator

I might need to talk to the potato king about this.

Very nice looking job
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni