BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Interesting you say that as the 1st editions of Adeptus Titanicus and Space Marine were set during and just after the Heresy, so obviously GW thought the same way
    Yeah, that's what really drew me into the 40K universe, ironically. I loved sitting and reading the stories of Marine-vs-Marine and Titan-vs-Titan. There was a piece of artwork, I think it was a two-page spread, that had Marines fighting each other around some buildings, with Titans stalking the streets, and one of the columns on a building had a bunch of Marines strapped to it. Sadly, I can't seem to find that image online, and I'm not sure I have the book(s) still (salvaged what I could post-fire, but a lot of the books were in a location that wasn't safe). One more thing to look for whenever I manage to make it over to the used book warehouse across town.

Ah, back when Titans were such badasses, like this:

Oh God damn yes! Please revive Epic 40k for us! I loved this Game and i think 15 mm is the perfect scale for big sci-fi 40k Battles. It fits much more together with the lore and big battles, instead of a skirmish playing style with 28 mm.

I would definately come back to 40k if they would bring a 40k tabletop game with 15 mm. Also Warhammer Fantasy would be awesome in this scale. It just reminds me of the old Warmaster times!

Hopefully we will see something like that in the future again!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Fomorian View Post
    Oh God damn yes! Please revive Epic 40k for us! I loved this Game and i think 15 mm is the perfect scale for big sci-fi 40k Battles. It fits much more together with the lore and big battles, instead of a skirmish playing style with 28 mm.

I would definately come back to 40k if they would bring a 40k tabletop game with 15 mm. Also Warhammer Fantasy would be awesome in this scale. It just reminds me of the old Warmaster times!

Hopefully we will see something like that in the future again!
    I concur. I'd come back to the fold as well. With what I have seen in the way of 15mm kits for Flames of War, and the load outs for specific infantry, there is no reason why they couldn't do 40K or HH at that scale. I'd love to run some titans, but wouldn't want to remortgage the house to buy a bunch of the FW 28mm scale ones

Image the Istvaan III campaign you could do... it'd look incredible!
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

Chapter-Master

I've been really turned off with GW folding everything Epic into mainstream 40k. Skirmish and mass combat systems do not mesh well at all.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

To solve table space issues, play at lower pts. I rarely play at over a thousand. At this level a 4x4 table has been fine.

Personally I'd like to see the 28mm game as a skirmish game, few vehicles, no flyers/superheavies/titans/knights/gargants except as scenery, and either revised Epic or possibly 10mm for large scale battles.

I'm fine with big models on the table. The only thing I'd ask is that it be limited some how. 25% lord of war would keep giant titans out of small points games which I think is the biggest issue I have with the current system.

I'm also not really a fan of pure skirmish games. The market is already flooded with them. I like the scale where it is today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123