BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First-Captain

Default New: Sevatar, first captain of the night lords

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SEVATAR.html[/url]

Nice...but not 100% awesome. Maybe 99%.

Arrogant, ruthless and utterly lethal in all aspects of close combat, Sevatar, First Captain of the Night Lords, is a supreme warrior. Before the dark times of the Horus Heresy, his talents garnered him respect throughout the Legiones Astartes, but his murderous will and litany of crimes kindled his reputation for dishonour even before he was the first Traitor to declare ‘Death to the false Emperor’.

Dangerous and fearsomely violent, Sevatar is a master of close assault, tearing through Loyalist Space Marines and their allies with his nostraman chainglaive. His skill, coupled with nascent but long repressed psychic powers, makes his strikes and parries uncannily precise, blocking the blows of his opponent with ease and expertly evading their defences to deliver the killing blow.

The latest addition to Forge World's Horus Heresy Character Series, this highly detailed model depicts Sevatar, First Captain of the Night Lords, his armour embellished with trophies of uncounted victories, many the mortal remains of his foes. The scenic base provided with this kit depicts a slain Space Marine at Sevatar’s feet, and also provided is the option of modelling Sevatar with a bare head or a leering, skull-faced helmet.

Sevatar, First Captain of the Night Lords can be fielded in Night Lords Legion armies in Horus Heresy games. His rules can be found in The Horus Heresy Book Two – Massacre and The Horus Heresy – Isstvan Campaign Legions.

This is a complete resin kit. It is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Friday 6th February.
    Last edited by energongoodie; 01-29-2015 at 04:53 AM.

The more I look, the more I like.

I mean, it's a Nightlord who hasn't gone proper chaosy yet. Lots of flayed skin, the odd skull - but still recognisably Imperial Power Armour underneath. It's an interesting mix of the styles. Also, quite a Samurai like pose to my mind.

I prefer the barehead overall.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Yeah, I like the bare head. I wonder if I might magnetize the head. One for show, one for blow.

I am definitely buying this fella!

Chapter-Master

Sevataaaaar

definitely placing an order when my pay comes through at midnight
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Nah he definitely needs to keep his hat on.
    But it's exactly what a Nightlord should look like.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Nah he definitely needs to keep his hat on.
    But it's exactly what a Nightlord should look like.
    Ah the Night Lads, least fortunate among the heretic legions due to their sartorial requirements.

That is however, one of the least silly applications of a pair of bat wings I have seen.

Well done FW.

Where's my Sanguinius?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Liking the changes to the armour as well.

Where you'd normally have a gap between the shoulder pad, chest and upper arm area, Sevatar has plating covering it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

There's something not quite right about the can-opener thing fitting over the chainglaive blade. Maybe if it was below the run of the teeth and pointing up, like you'd impale the target on the hook and then use that to hold the chain to 'em, maybe?

Otherwise, very nice!
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chapter-Master

now that I am back from work and not looking on my phone screen. I still really like him, but I would be inclined to swap the chainblade head for a plastic raptor chain sword. the big spike in the middle rather gets in the way of the chain teeth on his weapon, whereas the raptor sword mounted on the pole would look more badass. I would also swap the right hand holding the knife for an open hand, give him a more martial pose, like a classic staff fighting stance from old martial arts films
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

With the helmet off, he's the first Night Lord model ever to actually look intimidating.

This is no small accomplishment, given the fact that ever other Night Lord is basically made of equal parts clown shows and Narm.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast