BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    the viability of Scarabs depends heavily on terrain I'd say - if you can keep them out of sight you're golden, but if there's one thing Scarabs don't like it's a Nova Cannon, or by extension most any template or blast weapon at S6 or above, especially if it ignores cover... and at 1k points the Scarabs aren't even as much of a throwaway unit as they would be in larger games. If your terrain collection doesn't contain many big blocks to hide behind, I'd probably take the newly T5 Wraiths over Scarabs, also because they pretty much ignore Lasgun fire from the vets.
    Scarabs do remain cheap and cheerful though. Whilst Nova Cannon are to Scarabs are as say, Hammers to Kittens*, it's a shot your opponent will have to take. Nobody wants Scarabs up in their engine grill. You can use that forced target priority to your advantage

*Mystery Industries do not endorse cruelty to any life form. Not even Hipsters.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Thank you for all the info on this thread. I think Scarabs and especially wraiths will be exceptionally helpful next go around.

Brother-Captain

Be sure to give us an update on how your next battle went.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Unfortunately after the first game, the player hasn't returned for another game yet. I've done pretty well against gray knights and blood angels though.

New Wraiths at T5 supported by scarabs

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post
    New Wraiths at T5 supported by scarabs
    Scarabs are terrible... but since they are required for reclamation legion, I do have minimum numbers at least.

Overlord/lord/cryptek with staff of light and veil of darkness
    joined to unit of 5-10 warscythe lychguard

this unit combo can be fielded for 215 pts and scaled up when you play bigger games. There are a lot of applications and killing armor is a big one.

what this combo does is deploy with the rest of your army and on your first turn, teleport right in front of the enemies armored units, and run to correct any scatter from the deep strike. At the start of your opponents following turn, pop the staff of light. Your opponent can only fire snap shots at that unit now, nerfing most big and small guns they would bring to bear on the unit so it will remain largely intact. On your second turn you are multicharging with dozens of str7 armor bane attacks into rear armor!

this unit lends itself well to take all comers decurion armies as well which is nice. Basically just don't throw them at a unit of paladins.. Or do, they will hold their own but there are better units for that, particularly wraiths.

Quote Originally Posted by w7west View Post
    Overlord/lord/cryptek with staff of light and veil of darkness
    joined to unit of 5-10 warscythe lychguard

this unit combo can be fielded for 215 pts and scaled up when you play bigger games. There are a lot of applications and killing armor is a big one.

what this combo does is deploy with the rest of your army and on your first turn, teleport right in front of the enemies armored units, and run to correct any scatter from the deep strike. At the start of your opponents following turn, pop the staff of light. Your opponent can only fire snap shots at that unit now, nerfing most big and small guns they would bring to bear on the unit so it will remain largely intact. On your second turn you are multicharging with dozens of str7 armor bane attacks into rear armor!

this unit lends itself well to take all comers decurion armies as well which is nice. Basically just don't throw them at a unit of paladins.. Or do, they will hold their own but there are better units for that, particularly wraiths.
    I assume you mean the solar staff? (as the staff of light is just a gun)
    Isn't the veil of darkness also a relic? ( Thus needing 2 characters)

Quote Originally Posted by Djbz View Post
    yep I meant solar staff. Also I did not notice that characters can only have one relic. Anyone with codex in hand can confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Djbz View Post
    The only restriction on relics in the necron codex is that you may only have one of each relic per army. One lord can carry both the solar staff and the veil of darkness. Or in the case of a decurion detachment, your overlord would carry both, clocking in at a reasonable 120pts.
    Last edited by w7west; 03-27-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast