BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

they are amazing models, you can always just use the Astra Militarum codex to represent them
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Kenny View Post
    If you're already a Chaos Space Marine player, I'd strongly suggest you get yourself Imperial Armour 13 first and foremost. It's quite possibly the best book I've ever gotten from Games Workshop for fluff, rules and it's just gorgeous.

It's excellent for Chaos Space Marines but, and this is the kicker for you, it has an entire army list for The Lost and the Damned. Basically, it's a Chaos Imperial Guard army list. It sounds like you are interested in Death Korps because of how they look then you could field them as a Chaos list and field them beside your Marines.

It's what I'd LOVE to do if I could afford a new army.... some day!
    *nerdgasms internally*

I hadn't even thought of that, you're a genius!

Well, it seems I now need to get my hands on imperial armor 12 and 13... (woohoo more money spending! ).

If people don't mind me being flexible with the army... being able to have the D.K.o.K. act as Korps, Astra Militarum and Traitor Guard (never all at once though obviously), then that would be a very awesome use of models indeed! I especially like the idea of using them as allies to my Chaos Marines.

Thank you for this!

Edit: I believe in you, you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    they are amazing models, you can always just use the Astra Militarum codex to represent them
    If push comes to shove I will do just that, some people just don't like facing forgeworld, so I'll just make sure I have two lists prepared when I go for games.
    Last edited by KhornishGameHen; 02-01-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KhornishGameHen View Post
    *nerdgasms internally*

If people don't mind me being flexible with the army... being able to have the D.K.o.K. act as Korps, Astra Militarum and Traitor Guard (never all at once though obviously), then that would be a very awesome use of models indeed! I especially like the idea of using them as allies to my Chaos Marines.

Haha - you're welcome! Though, the idea of using them as guard to start with in a battle then turning traitor half way through a game sounds like a fun scenario!

Seriously though, IA13 really is great - Spartan assault tanks, Hell Blades and even rules to buff up your existing Marine vehicles. I don't know enough about Astra Militarum to compare, but yeah, being able to ally with your existing force sounds like a winner.

I love the DKoK models. The SS comparison is undeniable of course and they feel like a good visual fit for an indomitable Chaos force. Way too expensive as an option for me, but if you like them and can afford it, more power to you mate

I have 4000 points of Assault Brigade.
    And 1 thing is for sure. The forge world model is fragile as hell as honestly doesn't make any difference from the China recast. So I recommend the cheaper option.

There is 2 books that is up to date at the moment.
    The Siege Regiment (free on fw)
    Assault Brigade list (IA 12)

Personally,the first book is copy paste job from the previous edition of siege list. Only thing good with them is the earthshaker cannon and medussa.

I prefer the assault brigade for the following reasons.
    - 1 named character
    - 1 set of unique orders
    - special rule that lets you recycle your infantry platoon when destroyed.

Don't expect to win many games if you wan to go to the fluff list. Or maybe I have been facing too many eldars and necrons.. lol

I've recently acquired a bulk lot of DKoK models from a fellow gamer who collected an amazing army but barely assembled it and lost motivation to complete it. I got his infantry, a team of Thudd Guns (3), Heavy Bolters, Autocannons and a 10 unit Roughrider (plus mounted Commissar). Also got a whole lot of standing infantry for a Gorgon/Trench line ... absolutely beautiful models and I can't wait to start on them (after I've done my Praetorian XXIV army).

So the unit I have has 4 squads of PBIs, command platoons and Senior HQ. Yet to finish unbagging the rest and seeing what else is in my haul!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Kenny View Post
    It's what I'd LOVE to do if I could afford a new army.... some day!
    I'll just leave this here ...
    [URL="http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/Miniatures-of-the-North/Imperial-Borderers"]http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/Miniatures-of-the-North/Imperial-Borderers[/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12