BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Chaos Decimator

Default Chaos Decimator

Ok so ive lately bought a Decimator from FW, my question is, is it any good?
    What would be the best weapon payload?
    Ive not got the rules yet so without breaching any rules, could anyone give me a run down of its attributes?
    Cheers Pops

Veteran-Sergeant

I have also ordered one after getting a copy of IA 13. I got a butcher cannon and siege claw with mine, but plan to magnetize it so I can get some other weapons later as well. Decimators are a bit pricey but have some fun rules. It does have the ability to ignore weapon destroyed or mobilized and also can get back up after becoming wrecked. The number thing I have heard is they are not worth the points unfortunately. Is there anything else you would like to know?

Not terrible in themselves, but they don't compare favourably to other competition for their slots.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

cheers for the replies guys.
    Are they a gun platform like most dreads these days or can they assault?
    Does the latest IA book do them any favours?
    What gun options do the have and how do they rate stat wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not terrible in themselves, but they don't compare favourably to other competition for their slots.
    Just curious, what competes with them? Contemptors? Defilers? Obliterators?

Veteran-Sergeant

@ marful - they take an elite slot in either a CSM or daemons army. So really they are competing with anything that you want in that slot.

@ Popsical - they come with 2 siege claws stardard, smash and rend with built in heavy flamers. It can replace up to one with a conversion beamer which loses it an attack. The beamer seems pretty standard. It can also replace either (so both) with a butcher cannon (36" S8 AP4 heavy4), storm laser (36" S6 AP3 heavy d3+2) or a soul burner petard (24" S5 AP5 ord1 large blast rending). Changing any siege claws out does loose you one attack (it has 4 two start). I like to butcher cannon since it functions almost as a heavy autocannon. The stormlaser also seems good on paper. I would steer away from the petard and beamer, first because it is only BS3 and second at least for the beamer you cant move they turn you fire. The decimator can take dedications to the chaos gods. Khorne gives rampage, nurgle gives it will not die, slaanesh gives assault and defendsive grenades and tzeentch give reroll ones (and if it has heavy flamers they get soul blaze.

Im not sure if they are different in IA13 than any of the other books they have been in. Mini Wargaming does do a decimator vs dual wraith lord fight [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycuivBa3akY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycuivBa3akY[/URL]. I think against 2 targets it was a little out matched.
    I hope that answers some of your question, Pops

Battle-Brother

i have one and find it good again some things and bad on others.

I use it to pop light transports and wipe out the men inside.
    The siege claw has a built in flamer that when it causes a penetrating hit on a transport, it flames the unit inside!
    So you can ruin a light vehicle and then kill a squad of men that potentially can only run as it has armour 13.

also with mark of burgle it gains it ill not die! awesome add on!
    Escalation Painting, YouTube tutorials, reviews and showcases for all levels of hobbyist!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjPFNN6RrFs472LGvNYUhDw

Thanks vharing most helpful.
    Decided on double butcher cannons for mine. Ive learnt my lesson with dread cc weapons.