BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Mind your manners (global warning)

I am exceedingly tired of the insults, especially the direct and childish ones (I rather like a subtle and clever insult, actually).

Continued insults will be dealt with harshly, up to and including erasing you and anything you have ever written.

/Wrath of God Mode ON.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

He's bluffing. This is a Corbomite Maneuver if I ever saw one....

There's now way he could possibly make any of us just disapp-

Kidding... please don't ban me Jwolf.

As a side note, can we extend the Exterminatus to anyone posting "First" on the main site comments?

P.S. - First. Lulz.

Firsters are only marginally more annoying than firster complainers; it's hard to know where to end that purge.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Maybe just deleting the 'first post' posts. Would save even the 'fail' posts we get in reply to them.

Chaplain

I just want to express my thanks Jwolf.

I've drastically cut down my reading and posting here in the last couple of months because of rudeness basically. I (and I'm sure many other people) come here to have a friendly chat about the hobby, not read pages of people sniping at each other to prove who's the smartest.

Librarian

Good call, Jwolf. Some of the debates here have gotten... heated, to say the least. I mean I'm all for a good-natured ribbing when I make an idiotic statement (hell I make those all the time) but some people have gone from debating to almost verbal assault.

Brother-Sergeant

Default About time!!

I get tired of some this idiocy!! About time to get rid of unneccessary rudeness/insults etc.. There's enough of that already. It doesn't need to be brought into these discussions. We're supposed be having fun and enjoying this great hobby not looking for ways to 1 up each other. Great job!!

Chaplain

This is great news.

I visit this site only because the attitudes were meant to be so much more positive and welcoming than Warseer, but as time has gone by I am finding myself wondering whether that is still true.

An orbital bombardment here and there would definitely help.

Librarian

^ Agreed. I mean, it's one thing to have a debate and defend your views firmly; it's another to devolve said debate into a verbal slugfest, so to speak.

After all, this is, at it's core, a hobby of toys. Granted it's more complex than that but at the end of the day, does being right about a trivial little rule or piece of fluff REALLY mean that much?

Still, glad to see that hopefully these forums will be heading back on track. I have faith in the BOLS admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Templar View Post
    This is great news.

I visit this site only because the attitudes were meant to be so much more positive and welcoming than Warseer, but as time has gone by I am finding myself wondering whether that is still true.

An orbital bombardment here and there would definitely help.
    Quoted for endorsement. The whole point of being on the BoLS rules forum to me is that I can get into a technical discussion of rules points and have faith that (i) the folks I'm debating with are good enough sportsmen to distinguish technical rules discussions from how we actually play the game, and (ii) people are not going to insult me in the course of the debate, whether because they disagree with me or otherwise.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast