BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Default Mind your manners (global warning)

I am exceedingly tired of the insults, especially the direct and childish ones (I rather like a subtle and clever insult, actually).

Continued insults will be dealt with harshly, up to and including erasing you and anything you have ever written.

/Wrath of God Mode ON.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

He's bluffing. This is a Corbomite Maneuver if I ever saw one....

There's now way he could possibly make any of us just disapp-

Kidding... please don't ban me Jwolf.

As a side note, can we extend the Exterminatus to anyone posting "First" on the main site comments?

P.S. - First. Lulz.

Firsters are only marginally more annoying than firster complainers; it's hard to know where to end that purge.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Maybe just deleting the 'first post' posts. Would save even the 'fail' posts we get in reply to them.

Chaplain

I just want to express my thanks Jwolf.

I've drastically cut down my reading and posting here in the last couple of months because of rudeness basically. I (and I'm sure many other people) come here to have a friendly chat about the hobby, not read pages of people sniping at each other to prove who's the smartest.

Librarian

Good call, Jwolf. Some of the debates here have gotten... heated, to say the least. I mean I'm all for a good-natured ribbing when I make an idiotic statement (hell I make those all the time) but some people have gone from debating to almost verbal assault.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    I am exceedingly tired of the insults, especially the direct and childish ones (I rather like a subtle and clever insult, actually).

Continued insults will be dealt with harshly, up to and including erasing you and anything you have ever written.

/Wrath of God Mode ON.
    I think some of the discussion topics are also part of the problem. Threads that open complain about one troop type being a real *&^^(( for example or actively putting down a codex or troop type as the topic for a thread is really just putting it out there fishing for an arguement to start.

I know some of the replies to threads can gat side tracked and lead to head discussion and debating over each persond opinion, but swearing, and putting other people down, is too much.

I prefer to follow threads based on a persons army list where they need help for a game or competition, or nead help with tactics or rules. Or general discussion on rumours of future releases.

I hope other do not think I have crossed that line. I know I have defended my views about different army codexes or troop types or characters, a few times giving examples and not begrudged other peoples right to their opinion. As long as nobody gets rude or verbally voilent, we should be O.K. with most threads.

Librarian

Could you close my thread - Nurgle's Rot, Aura of Decay and Allies - As I have had my question answered.

When RGilbert asked a slightly aggressive question about my thread, and I replied simply stating that no one have said Aura of Decay was a Nova Psychic Power, and that my question had been answered, and I considered it finished.

Tzeentches Dark Agent replied to RGilbert in a way I thought could start an argument. I replied stating that I had already answered RGilberts queston and that the thread was closed. He took this as a personal attack, so I had to again, diplomatically explain that I had not intended it as such.

TDA then said he would contact the site mediators, to have my thread closed for me, but nothing has happened yet and it has been over 8 hours.

Regards

Daemonette666
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Brother-Captain

The easier way to dispose of a thread is simply to let it die and stop bumping it to the top of the page by replying. That thread doesn't need active moderator attention - if every thread was locked after it became slightly heated, half of the posts in the rules forum would be locked. Mods typically don't close threads after the question has been answered. Even if you are satisfied with the answer, other people may want to ask questions or to add their own comments to the thread.