BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

yeah, sorry dude, your list was countered, that doesn't make it OP, just means you were probably too focused on one thing if this tank ruined your whole army. This is the sort of thing that should be encouraged as it shifts the meta and makes it harder to predict what one thing will be good.

Thats why I think FW should be allowed as standard, that and you know, the rules saying it.

Its AV 13/12/12 doesn't have any effective way to deal with anything with a decent armour save or anything dedicated to hurting tanks.

Its main guns are great at taking down skimmers, yes that hits Eldar harder than most, but its expensive and not invincible.

Also it looks awesome.

Chapter-Master

LV - I agree withthe majority - you are being a trifle precious. If you are saying this hornet thing is 80 pts for 4 S8AP2 shots, 2 of them at 160pts is going to outclass 1 x sicaran which with all upgrades will be around 200pts.

Eldar shouldn't be complaining and there are no such things as d-bag units - only d-bags who use them because of their profile to point value ratio...

On the flip side, if you had said the Typhon siege tank - 350pts for a 14/14/14 super heavy with a S10 AP1 7" IGNORES COVER shot and +1 of the Thunderblitz table - then yeah I would be more sympathetic.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

I just read the OP, and was like, "can I get that translated into English?"

What is it with people and typing "street"? Just makes you look ignorant, kills any sincerity of your post, and invites reticule rather than open debate, as seen by the number of posts making fun of the OP's obvious crybaby Fest. So you don't like a FW 30k tank in a regular 40k game? Seriously?

SJ

Guess the marine one has different options than the CSM one as Chaos cant get interceptor/skyfire. We do get a cool thing that makes the heavy bolters rending though. I proxied one of these in my CSM army and it did ok. More impressive on paper as even with the Ceramite a melta squad blew it up.

Funny, had the same topic on another forum and got a good debate going on there, with good points and arguments. I wonder what would have been, if i had not told i play Eldar?
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Chapter-Master

There is arguments on here, they just seem to disprove/disagree with the initial position. Being told most people think you are wrong doesn't mean this isn't a good debate though.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

First-Captain

Can you let us know some of the points they made?

People here have all made arguments why you were incorrect to call the Sicaran Battle tank a "d-bag unit", there isn't a debate as such because, well, everyone else agrees. Perhaps we're missing something about what makes it so broken.

Brother-Captain

What PathWalker said, I'd like to see a link to this other forum thread you seem to have going parallel to this one. Oh, and yeah, I think you're a bit too arse-hurt over this one; especially, as has been said before, you are playing Eldar. I has no tears of sympathy for you -- only derision.

That said, the Sicaran is a solid tank (and can be taken by both Chaos Space Marines and normal Space Marines) and one that is on my "purchase at earliest opportunity" list. It's not armored well enough to be called "OP" and while it is fairly easy to put extra rules onto it (which the player is still playing points for), it can still be knocked out easy. So, for once, you're just going to have to use better tactics than running around with insta-jink-saves on everything.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

First-Captain

It is good at killing Wave Serpents, its a meta changer and should be encouraged.

Did I mention its a gorgeous model too?

Veteran-Sergeant

[url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/634261.page#7564870[/url]

SJ

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast