BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Let me just go collect that data which isn't freely available because no-one bothers to collect and disseminate it. Well done, handing me an impossible task as a qualifier to prove my point...
    To be fair you started it by making a wild claim which indicates you must have some data of 30k armies and tau/eldar competing at mixed tourneys.
    So I dont really see the need to make a "point" which you can't back up.
    ShadowcatX has a valid point in mentioning that most 40k tourneys do not allow 30k armies so it would be really interesting where your input is coming from.

Reports of people playing 30K armies against 40K armies and not wiping the table with Eldar corpses, for one. A look at the ruleset and some play time, for two.

A bit like asking me to prove the existence of Dark Matter, this, by telling me I have to create a dataset to prove the theory. Surely you see the backwards logic there?
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Reports of people playing 30K armies against 40K armies and not wiping the table with Eldar corpses, for one. A look at the ruleset and some play time, for two.
    at tournaments
    See the difference?
    If you did not add the tournaments, the statement would be anectotical evidence but not realy relevant. But as you stated "at tournaments" I really would like to see which competitive tournaments allow to mix up 30k and 40k.

And as you know the rules, Admech is a real pain in the *** against a standard 40k army.

Its a little bit like saying "If Manchester U is such a good team why haven't I see them winning any major hockey game yet?"
    Last edited by Charon; 02-20-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Let me just go collect that data which isn't freely available because no-one bothers to collect and disseminate it. Well done, handing me an impossible task as a qualifier to prove my point...
    If the data isn't available, how do you have the data that Eldar are stomping 30k armies in tournaments like you implied previously? You are the one who brought up tournament results after all.

ETA: Didn't notice that there was another page and this had already been addressed. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Its a little bit like saying "If Manchester U is such a good team why haven't I see them winning any major hockey game yet?"
    Actually no, it's more like "why haven't I seen them win the FIFA World Cup yet," because the team is decided to not be applicable, rather than anything to do with their power level. Which was what we were discussing.

We were discussing power level, not the arbitrary things tournament organisers have banned in a fruitless attempt at balance.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

We were discussing power level, not the arbitrary things tournament organisers have banned in a fruitless attempt at balance.
    Why do you bring in the topic of tournaments when you do not want to discuss it?
    Again, it was YOU who claimed that 30k is not stronger than40k because 30k does not win tournaments:

This is exactly why we see 30K armies stomping Eldar and Tau at tournaments...right?

You know, I have played quite a few games now against 30k lists with my 40k Guard and my Chaos Nightlords. The 30k lists have some new tricks to play, but nothing too devastating. My chimera based guard took a few knocks from the relic predator and sicarians. I was more worried about rapiers and 10 man terminator squads.

Just to point out that currently the results from the LVO show one Eldar army in the top 10, along with one Tau army. There are 4 space marine armies, not counting angry marines. And here I thought Eldar and Tau were just dominating the tournament scene and that marines needed help to be competitive.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678