BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default will we be able to combine eldar and harliquins?

im wondering exactly how this works because im coming back to 40k after an 8 year break and i frankly dont know how anything works anymore

Welcome back to the game! You will be able to use all manner of space elves together even in most tournaments. They will be what's called battle brothers which means each army's units can use each other's transports and each other's psychic powers and warlord traits and special rules will usually benefit everyone.... Even the sadistic evil space elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Krungharr View Post
    Welcome back to the game! You will be able to use all manner of space elves together even in most tournaments. They will be what's called battle brothers which means each army's units can use each other's transports and each other's psychic powers and warlord traits and special rules will usually benefit everyone.... Even the sadistic evil space elves!
    o nice nice ty for this. i didnt even know you could combine any army. not sure how much i like that lol but uh as long as i can field uthwe and harliquins im cool

Quote Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
    o nice nice ty for this. i didnt even know you could combine any army. not sure how much i like that lol but uh as long as i can field uthwe and harliquins im cool
    I am still confused on the new system, every time I think I got it I am told I am wrong. lol

But Current Battle Brother Forces in game by group are All Eldar(Eldar, Dark Eldar and harliquins), All Imperial(Space Marines[and the supplement codexs), Guard, Sisters, Imperial Knights, Guard Wannabes, and the 3 other flavor of Marines) Tau(Tau, and Farsight[tau supplement codex]), Chaos( Chaos Marines[and supplement codex] and Chaos Daemons)

Supplements can be allied with the Main Codex they are based off of, and Codex Space Marines can ally with itself so long as they Forces being allied have different Chapter Tactics.

I think I covered the current Battle Brothers out there, maybe I missed something with how releases have been.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron LeClair View Post
    Supplements can be allied with the Main Codex they are based off of...
    Yes, and no. Some Supplements can be taken as Allied Detachments even if their parent codex is from the Primary Detachment, some cannot (see Iyanden).

Otherwise, Ally rules are pretty free-form. You can have Eldar, Necrons, and Tyranids all in the same army! They just have to start rather far apart from each other and may not do anything if they get too close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Yes, and no. Some Supplements can be taken as Allied Detachments even if their parent codex is from the Primary Detachment, some cannot (see Iyanden).

Otherwise, Ally rules are pretty free-form. You can have Eldar, Necrons, and Tyranids all in the same army! They just have to start rather far apart from each other and may not do anything if they get too close to each other.

Iyanden are not BB with other eldar? Or can they not be taken as a Allied Detachment? I don't know anyone who owns that supplement so I haven't been able to read it.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron LeClair View Post
    Iyanden are not BB with other eldar? Or can they not be taken as a Allied Detachment? I don't know anyone who owns that supplement so I haven't been able to read it.
    Iyanden is just a modification of the Eldar, they are a little unique in terms of detachments when compared to the other supplements, basically you just declare that X detachment is using the Iyanden warlords and relics etc and its an "Iyanden" army. so Yeah they are Eldar for all allied intents and purposes
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Truly, I don't think you'll need to worry about allying with anyone. Eldar and Dark Eldar are able to stand on their own. Harlequins should be much the same.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Truly, I don't think you'll need to worry about allying with anyone. Eldar and Dark Eldar are able to stand on their own. Harlequins should be much the same.
    Given that Eldar and Dark Eldar are armies that have been around for dozens of years, and Harlequins are getting a two week release (maybe three if we're lucky), I seriously doubt they'll be able to stand on their own any more than the inquisition can.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Given that Eldar and Dark Eldar are armies that have been around for dozens of years, and Harlequins are getting a two week release (maybe three if we're lucky), I seriously doubt they'll be able to stand on their own any more than the inquisition can.
    You kidding me!? Inquisition can so stand on it's own. I have an all Crusader army that says they can.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast