BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Mech-Capable(?) Chaos Daemons Army 1500 Points

So among my circle of friends i see a couple of armies:
    1. Eldar w/Falcon, Wave Serpent bopping around with a Farseer, and Wraith Lords, War Walkers...urgh.
    2. Tau Army with Devilfish and Hammerheads....and so many Kroot.
    3. A White Scars Space Marine army thats all bikes.

So I've been tweaking my daemons to be more effective against these types of armies: vehicles, fast armies, mech. Here's the list:

• 1 Bloodthirster: Instrument of Chaos, Unholy Might: 275 points
    • 1 Herald of Slaanesh on a Mount: Unholy Might, Soporific Musk: 90 points
    • 7 Flamers: 245 points
    • 10 Daemonettes: Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos: 170 points
    • 10 Seekers (I like to put the Herald in this unit for DS): Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos: 195 points
    • 10 Plaguebearers: Noxious Touch, Instrument of Chaos: 165 points
    • 1 Soul Grinders: Tongue Profile: 135 Points
    • 1 Soul Grinders: 160 Points
    • 5 Nurglings (to sneak off with a quick objective): 65 points

1500 on the button. I can kind of see switching out the Herald for something else, but I don't know what. The profiles on the Soul Grinders are expensive, as well. I could use those points for maybe a Bolt of Tzeentch on the Flamers. They have higher BS, but its S8 vs S10. Or 2 more daemonettes, if i go over by 3 points. I hear complains about not playing my bloodcrushers, but they dont have rending. Let me know what you think.

Brother-Captain

Fiends, Tzeralds on chariots, Flesh Hounds, Tzeentch DPs. You have to be fast enough to catch them, capable to finish off the insides, and shoot if necessary.

Nurglings can't capture objectives JSYK...
    Got a question about Tyranids PM me
    I will do what I can to help.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerholt1234 View Post
    Nurglings can't capture objectives JSYK...
    I respectfully disagree. It doesn't say anything in the 5th ed. swarm rules about objectives or in the codex that they can't hold objectives. This came up at the beginning of a game and I was assured by one of my rules-lawyer friends that this was no longer the case.

If I had to take them out I might take out the Herald, too, and replace them with a unit of Fiends.

Battle-Brother

actually it does say in swarm rules that, they can not capture objectives

Here's the swarm rules from the book. I'd concede that I don't know the rules inside and out. Are there other swarm rules listed somewhere else? This is from the USR section.

Quote Originally Posted by epoch7 View Post
    Here's the swarm rules from the book. I'd concede that I don't know the rules inside and out. Are there other swarm rules listed somewhere else? This is from the USR section.
    Check the section on scoring units further in the book. Troops with the Swarm special rule cannot hold objectives.

CRAP. Sorry I didn't believe you guys about the rules. I just didn't understand. Well, I guess I should find a good way to spend those points. Although Nurglings are annoying in combat, all they can do now is contest objectives.

Well if I do as Chumbalaya siggested I could convert my Slaanesh Herald into a Tzeentch Herald on a chariot. That's 155 points for Tzeentch Herald on a Chariot with Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Chaos Icon and Master of Sorcery.

Or a DP for a crapton of points w/flight, but then hes just going to be a huge *** target. i guess the herald on a chariot would be a target too. so much of 40k is shooting. if i lost a flamer i could use the points to give him iron hide/unholy might/flight. then it would be like having a mini bloodthirster.

You should check the points on the seekers, as well. You under cost them, minor but still a couple of points.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonham63 View Post
    You should check the points on the seekers, as well. You under cost them, minor but still a couple of points.
    Oops, yeah the seekers are off by 5 points w/the IoC included. So, to resummarize:

• 1 Bloodthirster: Instrument of Chaos, Unholy Might: 275 points
    • 6 Flamers: 210 points
    • 10 Daemonettes: Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos: 170 points
    • 10 Seekers: Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos: 200 points
    • 10 Plaguebearers: Noxious Touch, Instrument of Chaos: 165 points
    • 1 Soul Grinder: Tongue Profile: 160 points
    • 1 Soul Grinder: 135 points
    • 1 Daemon Prince: Daemonic Flight/Unholy Might/Iron Hide: 190 points

1505 points

Daemons FTW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast