BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Don't bother with icons, instruments, or other unit upgrades. Icons are too expensive and useless turn 1 and everything else is filler.

A Tzeentch Chariot should be cheap, bolt and master of sorcery. It helps hunt tanks and provides some extra dakka of its own.

Grab 18 Fiends and any list can be good :P

Do twenty Daemonic troops work for you? I mean if they do that looks good then, I run a unit of fifteen daemonettes, to survive the shooting phase, ten seekers should make it into combat as well.

I like the rest of the list, Seekers are such a wonderful unit although I use fiends instead. Sorry I don't have too much advice though, I normally play against more static armies. Good luck though!

Its definitely disconcerting only running 2 units of troops. You either have to table the mechs or just make them quit out of frustration (or get lucky with your objectives).

After all the talk about fiends I did a little comparison of seekers to fiends with interesting results(I think).

Theyre both beasts/cavalry with WS 4, ld 10 and 5+ save. Fiends are way tougher though, with 2 wounds, t4 instead of 1 wound, t3. So with 200 points to spend thats 6 fiends (total of 12 wounds) or 10 seekers (10 wounds, and not 11 because who's not going to take the chaos icon?! either way the fiends give you more wounds per point).

fiends: s5 36 attacks on the charge. thats ~ 1 in 10 chance of penetrating an ap 12.
    seekers: s3 50 attacks on the charge. thats ~ 1 in 100 chance of glancing an ap 12.

fiends have hit and run.
    seekers have assault and defensive grenades, but because its specifically aura of acquiesence you dont get the vehicle modifier.

so i guess if youre more likely to fight troops, take the seekers, otherwise take the fiends. fiends dont get the benefits of ioc, but theyre less likely to tie combat with their higher strength/toughness. they dont get the chaos icon, but theyre more likely to absorb damage.

so if this list is supposed to defeat mech, I'll take 6 fiends and use the extra 20 points to pay off my 5 extra points and take mark of khorne on the daemon prince for +1 attacks.

• 1 Bloodthirster: Instrument of Chaos, Unholy Might: 275 points
    • 6 Flamers: 210 points
    • 6 Fiends of Slaanesh: 180 points
    • 10 Daemonettes: Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos: 170 points
    • 10 Plaguebearers: Noxious Touch, Instrument of Chaos: 165 points
    • 1 Soul Grinder: Tongue Profile: 160 points
    • 1 Soul Grinder: 135 points
    • 1 Daemon Prince: Daemonic Flight/Unholy Might/Iron Hide/Mark of Khorne: 205 points

1500 points on the nose.

Fiends will not disappoint you, believe me, they've been my money maker lately, them and a big unit of daemonettes. I really like this list, although in the same points I run four troops, but if that works for you.

I might have to try this though

Brother-Captain

Fiends >>> Seekers. High S, multiple wounds, T4 and H&R seal the deal. Icons are a waste of points.

List needs more Fiends, every list needs more Fiends.

Instead of trying to get a pseudo Bloodthirster, why not just field another? Split the PBs into smaller units for padding out your waves, grab more Fiends, and just run the Grinders naked and hitty.

I've run the list 3 times now. Alternately, I run the the Flamers in two units of 3 as well as 2 units of 5 Plaguebearers. This list works, people! I went 1-0-2. I could probably do better as a tactician and get some better results...

Brother-Captain

Winning once doesn't mean it works lol

What armies did you play? Which missions? What gave you problems?

i played the armies i listed in my first post. except instead of the white scars on bikes i played an imperial guard army that I don't really know a ton about. It was a mix of mech and infantry, and not totally competitive. I beat that list and tied the other two, but I could have beat the Tau if the game didnt end on turn 5 and I would have lost the eldar game if it didnt end on turn 5.

Brother-Captain

What in particular did you have trouble with? Which units performed well? Which didn't?

These are the questions you ask yourself to help improve your army/strategy.

Try the Masque. My only advice to Demon players. I'm no expert at them but I know I like her. If you dont like her dont use her but after trying her I think you will be pleasently surprised.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast