BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They'd be mad not to sell it to you with a round base included. Mad.

Even if they don't - and they'd be mad! - there's nothing to stop you putting it on one and using it as a 40k Bloodthirster.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    They'd be mad not to sell it to you with a round base included. Mad.

Even if they don't - and they'd be mad! - there's nothing to stop you putting it on one and using it as a 40k Bloodthirster.
    Oh, I agree with you there. But I have a customer who quite literally has said he'll order one as long as it comes with a 40k base and won't if it's Fantasy base only... despite that argument.

Chapter-Master

Bloodthirster is up :
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Khorne-Bloodthirster-2014-40k[/url]

So yes it has a round base as it shows in most of the pics, one pic shows a square base too :

Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 02-27-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Yep. Oval base. Of course there is. They'd be mad not to!

He's also listed in the 40k section of the webstore. Mad not to etc. etc.

Such a lovely model.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 02-27-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Chapter-Master

I agree. It's not my thing at all, but from an objective view I agree it is fantastic and well sculpted - I like the khorne symbols in the wings. I think it would look better in a skin-coloured colour-scheme with the "red" being added on in the form of blood effects (almost drown the model in it!) and make sure the white of the bone parts comes through. I'd like to see someone do one like that
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I bet it's crazy-good in the flesh, too.

Chaplain

The model itself looks great but I'd be a little leery of modeling it on that flame base. Just seems like an accident waiting to happen..

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    The model itself looks great but I'd be a little leery of modeling it on that flame base. Just seems like an accident waiting to happen..
    From the pics, it looks like there's a much shorter flame base that keeps it low. I'd bet it wouldn't be too hard to put a bit of your own basing structure, pin it down, and make it really f'ing sturdy with not too much effort at all.

Judging from the pictures, it's (very) roughly 120mm head-to-toe, 200mm including wing-tips, and the 'jumping' effect adds about 40mm. (Very open to other, potentially more accurate assessments, though!) Been waiting for this, time to get sculpting my Lords of Change.

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12