BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default new orc and goblin book?

on the photos posted on gw website today of the tour won by the megaprize winner there appears to be a O&G armybook on the shelf with a different picture on it? is my mind decieving me?

link here

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/common/xLargeArticleImage.jsp?mWidth=&mURL=/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m920026a_2010-02-17_3_873x627.jpg&mAlt=&mHeight=[/url]

Thoughts?
    Last edited by nathaniel; 02-17-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: adding link

Librarian

If it's a real book... I approve.

Orcs and Goblins are my favorite 'non evil' force in Fantasy (as in, not Chaos, DE, or Undead), and i'd love them to have an 8th Ed update
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Veteran-Sergeant

Hmmm...

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/common/xLargeArticleImage.jsp?mWidth=&mURL=/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m920026a_2010-02-17_3_873x627.jpg&mAlt=&mHeight=[/url]

Interesting ....

Here is the current book:

Here is the 5th ed cover:

If you look at the bottom left of the book in the picture from the GW studio you'll notice the distinct lack of the "Warhammer Armies" font, and what appears to be a large yellowish bit of art. The background of the book is also black or some other dark color and not a bright blue as is featured on the current book.

"Yeah well it is an older book cover" you say. Perhaps ... if you look closely you can see the telltale red outline of the current WHFB army book design and layout, but when compared to the 5th edition book cover for O&G there are similarities.

Notice the yellow spiky bits which seem to line up nicely with the picture from the GW tour (also the Warhammer Armies font is missing).

Is this is a new book? Probably not ... but still exciting to see! What do you think?
    Last edited by Randroid; 02-18-2010 at 01:20 AM.
    http://drinkinandmodelin.blogspot.com// - A WHFB Gnoblog

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks like I jumped the gun, this is probably just the 6th Edition book cover as seen here... (don't drink and post dude)

http://drinkinandmodelin.blogspot.com// - A WHFB Gnoblog

Battle-Brother

Yeah, but check out the big black binder sitting next to it. it may just be the art work from the current and older army books, but the title under the clear cover says orcs and goblins...........

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 03:39 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

At the very least the fact they have a 6th ed army book in the design studio, it means they are probably researching, which means new army book, which means

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 01:52 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

First-Captain

Not quite it says more not new, Me thinks its either a small update, or new models, like plastic arrer boys and watever. Tho if this happens in may we may not see a new edit of fantasy this year. In addition they have ogre and TK, brets and others still to update to this edition, O&G are already in this edit,

Then me thinks you are crazy. This is the same way the announced in newsletter the Blood Angels upcoming release. This indicates new Orc and Goblin Army book before new Starter set and 8th edition.

Only hope is that the Ogres get one before the end of the year

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast