BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    ...They're finally going to release a Wraithknight conversion kit from FW.

Its going to drive people batty because its not the endless train of crappy Horus Heresy garbage that FW has been producing.

Thats just what I think :P
    Horus heresy is the best thing about 40k right now, it's tons more flavored and balanced than anything GW is putting out. It's the only thing that has managed to keep me even remotely interested in this hobby for the last year or two.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Big_jon View Post
    Horus heresy is the best thing about 40k right now, it's tons more flavored and balanced than anything GW is putting out. It's the only thing that has managed to keep me even remotely interested in this hobby for the last year or two.
    It's Space Marines vs. Space Marines. I'm all for Chaos, but at this point in the Horus Heresy it still feels too much like Space Marines with Spiky Bits vs. Space Marines.

Tau, Eldar, Necron, Orks, Tyranids, and Dark Eldar don't feature, and they are, honestly, what bring more flavor to the Warhammer universe because they're different styles of combat, different styles of model, different pieces of art.

When I see a 30k game, it's Red Space Marines vs. Blue Space Marines, or Yellow vs. White, or Purple vs. Green or what have you. It's not interesting to see. As solid of a game as it is, I refute the idea that 30k is 'tons more flavored' than anything else GW has put out.

And on that point, if GW really has to make a 30k kit to stay in business, we may as well say goodbye to any hope of getting solid, consistent support for xenos. I wouldn't be surprised if this brought in supplements for all of the different chapters of Loyal space marines while the Chaos legions just get one book to cover all 9 (again), and extra months in between xenos releases to fit in all of the extra exclusive Imperial Fist or Dark Angel or Ultramarine releases we'll see if this rumor is true.

It would doom 40k to become exactly what 30k is: Space Marines vs. Space Marines.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    It's Space Marines vs. Space Marines. I'm all for Chaos, but at this point in the Horus Heresy it still feels too much like Space Marines with Spiky Bits vs. Space Marines.

Tau, Eldar, Necron, Orks, Tyranids, and Dark Eldar don't feature, and they are, honestly, what bring more flavor to the Warhammer universe because they're different styles of combat, different styles of model, different pieces of art.

When I see a 30k game, it's Red Space Marines vs. Blue Space Marines, or Yellow vs. White, or Purple vs. Green or what have you. It's not interesting to see. As solid of a game as it is, I refute the idea that 30k is 'tons more flavored' than anything else GW has put out.

And on that point, if GW really has to make a 30k kit to stay in business, we may as well say goodbye to any hope of getting solid, consistent support for xenos. I wouldn't be surprised if this brought in supplements for all of the different chapters of Loyal space marines while the Chaos legions just get one book to cover all 9 (again), and extra months in between xenos releases to fit in all of the extra exclusive Imperial Fist or Dark Angel or Ultramarine releases we'll see if this rumor is true.

It would doom 40k to become exactly what 30k is: Space Marines vs. Space Marines.
    While yes... it ultimately deals with a lot of Space Marine vs Space Marine...

Don't forget Mechanicum and Solar Auxilia .... oh and Knights (which are surprisingly cooler than the basic GW ones).

There is more to it than you state - and more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    while the Chaos legions just get one book to cover all 9 (again),
    If it's like the 3.5 CSM book, I'd be just fine with that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctuttle View Post

Don't forget Mechanicum and Solar Auxilia .... oh and Knights (which are surprisingly cooler than the basic GW ones).

It's still Imperium versus Imperium/ex-Imperium...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by ctuttle View Post

Imperium, imperium, and more imperium. As far as the eye can see.

IMO the Solar Auxilia stuff looks like total and utter garbage, like someone dunked each model in a vat of glue, and then tossed them into a bucket of tiny plastic rivets and sand and then called it new, but that's just my personal heated, and toxic opinion.

And to Erik Setzer, it wont be like 3.5. You know that. Why would you suggest that? C'mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    If it's like the 3.5 CSM book, I'd be just fine with that...
    I want that. And if World Eaters get shooty infantry, someone's getting smacked.

It's still Imperium versus Imperium/ex-Imperium...
    Not their fault that nearly all of the Narrative is Loyalist vs. Renegade. Need to crank out more fic about the other extant political powers in the galaxy, especially the ones that couldn't be readily countered by the Astartes/Mechanicum/Imperial Army.

With the Hobbit franchise over now, doesn't that leave GW with a hole to fill in their sales range? Maybe mainstream, plastic 30k is the fastest & easiest stop gap to fill that hole.

Otherwise what other franchise could GW go for to put on the table top?

Star wars is taken and would be too close to their own 40k, ditto for game of thrones with WFB and I can't think of any other viable franchise at the moment that they could bring to tabletop gaming.

I think 30k could be interesting if plasticised BUT as reflect the general worry that quality would be compromised.

Fly Lord

[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?405659-Plastic-(GW-produced)-Warhamer-30K"]79Hasting69 says[/URL]:

Yes indeed, but let's take it a bit further. Let's imagine creating a standalone game, which is only available for say 6 months, BUT then we'll make the models from it available as individual box sets for something we are definitely going to support, something that might take up empty shelf space in stores. Lets ALSO then imagine we then release another standalone game, again limited to so many months, then we make the models from that set available for another range we support...

...both are something new, the first historical (so that's why I was linking it with the old), the second current (i.e. 40k) again new, but based on something existing AND something old. I'm sorry if that's made it worse!!!

The scale is the same, no epic scale, no inquisitor scale.

Right guys there are several separate rumours that folks are getting mixed up. So I'll at least split it up a little for you. THIS IS NOT RELEASE ORDER, just to help separate the rumours. IT ALSO ISN'T A FULL LIST OF THIS YEARS 40K RELEASES, in fact some of these may be early next year. NONE OF THESE ARE WFB BASED.

Admech Codex & models (full release)
    **** Codex & models (Harelquin sized release already mentioned on thread)
    **** Codex & models (Harelquin sized release already mentioned on thread)
    HH Standalone box game, on sale for a few months, then models become part of 30k range.
    Assassins Standalone box game, on sale for a few months, then models become part of the 40k range.

I haven't heard anything about mark 9 armour so don't associate it with any of the above.

I mean Harlequin sized as in number of kits, i.e. a few characters, a troops kit, a larger kit and a transport. Or thereabouts One kind of has a main codex, kind of, and it's been mentioned on this very thread. The other has also been mentioned on another thread, the one that got moved for not having any news or rumours in.... even though it actually contained quite a bit. In fact I suppose you might say the 2nd has a main codex too (kind of)

I think there's a misunderstanding here. BOTH new standalone games will have their model contents released. The first being HH, will see models released as part of the 30k range. The 2nd boxed game models will be released as part of 40k range, part that is currently only available in finecast and not deathwatch before anyone says it again.

I have heard that there might be a plastic GD, plastic daemons, and plastic CSM kit for a certain god at some point later this year (and no it's not Khorne!)
    [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?405659-Plastic-(GW-produced)-Warhamer-30K"]Harry says:[/URL]

I never mentioned May
    I never mentioned "Nerd rage"
    I was only talking about the new space marines.
    I said it was going to cause a "**** storm" ....
    I simply meant it was 'big news' and it was going to cause a lot of ... 'excitement' on the 40K boards.
    I did not intend to cause any panic.

It would seem duffybear heard a rumour about new space marines. He naturally assumed these were what came next .... mark 9
    However it did not occur to him that what his rumour was about was what came before .....

I think these rumours ARE part of the same thing.

I think Duffy's rumours are about the new space marines for THIS .... for 30K
    So that would make it not mark 9 but something like Mark 3 / Mark 4 ? armour. (Or whatever armour it was 30K ...someone will have to help me out with that)

The armour is a simpler, earlier version of the power armour we all know and love.
    It looks a bit like something Tony Stark might have knocked up in the desert.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

wooo, lucky, dodging a bullet there.

30k plastics, not my thing (I'm only really into the primarch models) but its cool. Assasins, Cool but again not my thing, Ad Mech.....not a fan of more factions when GW can seem to give sisters the love they need, but its nice to see GW embracing the micro forces (heres hope stealer cults get one)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

75hastings69 also dropped hints in the thread involving 'Cataphract' and 'Contemptor' in reference to the 30k 'box set/board game'

And that the Codexes in ****'s in Big Red's post are:

GENESTEALER CULT
    and
    DEATHWATCH

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast