BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I'm cool if they take a massive 40k break. That being said from a corporate prospective I think this year's releases will track with how well AoS is received at large. If it is a big success I expect them to follow it up with more AoS releases, if it debuts a little soft I suspect they have some high value 40k releases they can use to prop up the bottom line and satisfy investors.
    I'm ok with the break, just want to know when I should start paying attention to things.

I really doubt they'll change the release schedule last minute to "prop up the bottom line". It takes months to spin up production on a new kit. But I wouldn't be surprised if they have a big 40k push Nov/Dec already planned.

I'm unlikely to get caught up in any new releases anyway unless they plan to update IG, which I doubt will be this year.

More money for little plastic men, *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    I really doubt they'll change the release schedule last minute to "prop up the bottom line"
    If something's already done, they can and will do it. And if it's a release that doesn't need models to back it, even easier. Modern printing can be done ridiculously fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    If something's already done, they can and will do it. And if it's a release that doesn't need models to back it, even easier. Modern printing can be done ridiculously fast.
    Yes, books can be spun up fairly quickly. But other than the core book, I don't think codexes are big money makers. Maybe Space Marines, but I doubt we'll see them (again) in December.

I was referring to models, which I believe is still the bulk of GW's revenue. Takes longer to spin up production on plastic kits than books.

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Yes, books can be spun up fairly quickly. But other than the core book, I don't think codexes are big money makers. Maybe Space Marines, but I doubt we'll see them (again) in December.

I was referring to models, which I believe is still the bulk of GW's revenue. Takes longer to spin up production on plastic kits than books.
    Well, if the mold is done and ready to go, things can be changed. Flexibility is important to have in a business. And we've seen molds are sometimes made well in advance of a model being sold. It does carry a bit of cost with it, but if you think something will contribute more profit, you eat that cost and make the change.

And since they don't announce their release schedule ahead of time, it's not like anyone will ever know. The rumor mongers have been kind of all over the place for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Well, if the mold is done and ready to go, things can be changed. Flexibility is important to have in a business. And we've seen molds are sometimes made well in advance of a model being sold. It does carry a bit of cost with it, but if you think something will contribute more profit, you eat that cost and make the change.

And since they don't announce their release schedule ahead of time, it's not like anyone will ever know. The rumor mongers have been kind of all over the place for this year.
    True. Also, they have one other easy way to drive X-mas sales (which they've done the last two years at least) is make those big bundle boxes. Repackage several kits with a discount. That's how I ended up with Storm Wing and Ghost Warrior detachments. Now that I think about it, I should really wait on getting any Skitarii until then to see what boxes they release end of the year.

Hmm.

Just got some info from a usually fairly reliable source, and to be honest I'm not sure if it supports this rumour or not, but here goes.

As of November, Forgeworld in stores.

Sadly, no info beyond that, so could mean a number of things...

1 Available to order into stores - so free shipping
    2 Actual stock in stores
    3 The plastic set isn't plastic
    4 actual stock in stores to support the plastic set

Wish I could offer more info, but sadly can only work with the info I've got.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

There are now pictures purporting to be mk v on other sites...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

The Waaagh Studios on Facebook has spoiled the sprues, they are all MK 4 Marines so far.

[url]https://www.facebook.com/TheWAAAGHStudios/photos/pb.230660630354206.-2207520000.1437949764./862628260490770/?type=1[/url]
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Cheers mon.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast