BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

DAMN YOUR FACTUAL OBSERVATION!!!!!

I mean...erm....good spot dude!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Aldavaer View Post
    Just to add to the speculation frenzy by adding two and two to make 5.

Maybe they are going to take a leaf out of the Battletech books. The two missing pre-heresy legions are going to return, having stayed with science equipped with a new mark of armour and new vehicles to overthrow the corrupt imperium and set mankind on its golden path. This new chapter the Dark Hunters are secretly the forerunners of the 2 legions on a scouting mission.
    Oh that is so good. I love it. I might just have to start a new army just from this. Yes I know using the missing Primarchs for your own chapter is a no-no, but this sounds just sooooo good.

Know I have a vision of a Vulture sitting on the Horizon watching.

So what can we see in May? First guess was 8th edition as was mentioned. But what would get people upset? I am sure a new edition will upset us like 7th edition did but not make us rage as we are expecting it. But what about a new edition like from RT to 2nd edition or 2nd edition to 3rd edition? Now that would make a lot of people blow a gasket. Not just squatting an army or so, but invalidating EVERYONES army and having to buy all over again if you want to keep playing up to date.

I don't think it's a new edition or at the very least an edition change like 2nd to 3rd. If it's not a new edition I can't really see what the big deal would be. After all Space Marines getting a new Mark IX armour is not a big deal. It was done before and nobody freaked out.

I can't really see what GW can do that would make people freak out or nerd rage. Then again, didn't Harry say "like we are having fun in Fantasy." Wouldn't that mean it was a good thing and something to enjoy instead of being upset at?
    Last edited by HsojVvad; 02-15-2015 at 11:34 AM.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Yes I know using the missing Primarchs for your own chapter is a no-no...
    Only a serious neckbeard would have an objection to that. I'd prefer seeing your creativity unfold on the tabletop over just another White Scars/Iron Hands force. Or, gods forbid, Ultramarines.

I don't really buy what these rumor-mongers are selling, but a new edition seems super unlikely to me. Anything that jeopardizes the Imperium in a serious way seems doubtful.

I thought it was implicit that two Primarchs/Legions were left unknown specifically so you could invent your own stuff.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Yup, as confirmed at the first Weekender.

Could have changed of course!

I'm hoping The Emperor returns, because that would be Cook. And Abaddon would get such a fisting!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yup, as confirmed at the first Weekender.

Could have changed of course!

I'm hoping The Emperor returns, because that would be Cook. And Abaddon would get such a fisting!
    The Emperor? Pffft... Has been! He's so 10,000 years ago.

These days, it's all about Ynnead.

;D

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
    The Emperor? Pffft... Has been! He's so 10,000 years ago.

These days, it's all about Ynnead.

;D
    Just think how refreshed Emp's will be after such a long napper.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Librarian

Welp, I feel bad for starting this whole brouhaha, since it's looking increasingly likely to have just been panic-driven speculation on my part. Uh, apologies?

Anyway, in case you've missed it, looks like the Big May Release is looking like it'll be...*drumroll*...plastic Horus Heresy releases from GW proper. Crazy stuff. First, you have the ever-reliable Hastings [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?405659-Plastic-(GW-produced)-Warhamer-30K"]tossing out hints[/URL], then Tzen over at B&C (who I can vouch for personally) [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303526-tentative-release-schedule/"]giving a peek[/URL] at some tips he received recently. Tzen's post is a bit more comprehensive:

Quote Originally Posted by Tzen at B&C
    Please take this information with a huge wad of salt. I was really tempted not to post this at all, because a lot of the time rumours are just so wrong its laughable.

I was sent this information over several e-mails and this is the best I can do to put the releases into some chronological order. It could be very wrong.

Here's some bits of info:

- There's mark 9 power armored marines on the way.

- Sister of battle are shortly after summer, just after WFB 9th ed.

- Horus Heresy is about to become very big, with Games Workshop building on the success of Forge Worlds game. This includes new plastic kits for Warhammer 30,000.

Current release schedule to my knowledge looks some thing like this:

Harlequins.
    Archaon End times - Bloodthirster and Khorne Chaos Warrior kits.

Khorne Chaos space marine supplement.

Adeptus Mechanicus.

30K box set during the "red week" in May - This is a period of time staff members cannot take time off from the shops.

Some follow up releases to support the new rules set for 30k.

Then WFB 9th rules.

Horus Heresy releases

Mark 9 Power armoured marines.

WFB Releases for the Empire and Chaos - This includes the starter kit for WFB 9th ed.

Sister of Battle (Actually a codex: Ecclesiarchy, but not called that).

This is by my own admission just guess work based on what I have been e-mailed. I don't know if the order is correct or not. Or even if it is complete crap. I just thought it would be nice to share. This is an experiment, I don't normally post anything without visible proof.
    Have fun speculating, kids.

I think I just pooped out my Kidneys in pure excite!

Pass the stick, Jeeves!

And props to Tzen for freely saying 'I have sources, but they may be pulling my leg'

Chapter-Master

Ugh.

Well.. if they decide to go space marine on space marine action then I'm checking out. I can't stand the wankfest that is 30k and its monochromatic setting.

That cow has been milked to dust.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast