BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Am i the only one who is actually not liking the sound of this?

I feel the series has only gone as well as it has becuase FW have been doing it? The higher design quality in the books has been great. Diluting that with GW plastics is a big risk
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

plastic models wont affect the quality, and there is no reason to assume the Forge World books will stop though. 30k is massive, it would be a huge sales boost for GW.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Welp, I feel bad for starting this whole brouhaha, since it's looking increasingly likely to have just been panic-driven speculation on my part. Uh, apologies?

Anyway, in case you've missed it, looks like the Big May Release is looking like it'll be...*drumroll*...plastic Horus Heresy releases from GW proper. Crazy stuff. First, you have the ever-reliable Hastings [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?405659-Plastic-(GW-produced)-Warhamer-30K"]tossing out hints[/URL], then Tzen over at B&C (who I can vouch for personally) [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303526-tentative-release-schedule/"]giving a peek[/URL] at some tips he received recently. Tzen's post is a bit more comprehensive:

Have fun speculating, kids.
    Sorry, I'm calling BS on this. Having been at the Weekender where they specifically said HH will not be going to mainstream GW or plastic anytime soon, it's not going to happen.

There ARE HH releases in May, at the Warhammer World opening, which will include the Book V - Tempest (Calth), probably the Viper fighter thing, and maybe Girlyman if he is fiinished in time (they weren't sure, they didn't even have a finished mock up to bring to Weekender as in previous years).

They were also asked about FW being ordered through GW stores, they said not yet, too many issues with ramping up production without comprimising quality. There will however be dedicated FW and BL shops inside WHW. The WHW world staff that were there selling tickets said the main store may be rebranded Warhammer. The model gallery will also now be pay to enter.
    Last edited by The Imperial Fist; 02-16-2015 at 01:05 PM.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

The demand for FW products, if available through normal GW venues, would be so much that they'd need to mass-produce stuff.

You just gave a huge reason why they might do such a thing.

They've said plenty of things in the past that didn't turn out to be true, because they didn't want to spill the beans early.

Chapter-Master

there have been rumours of closer ties between GW and FW. I could well imagine generic plastic armour marks, command bits etc. with forge world still providing the upgrade kits, characters and so on.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    The demand for FW products, if available through normal GW venues, would be so much that they'd need to mass-produce stuff.

You just gave a huge reason why they might do such a thing.

They've said plenty of things in the past that didn't turn out to be true, because they didn't want to spill the beans early.
    Actually at the Weekenders they've always been very open. They also take a lot of what the people who go there say under their belt - after all, the people willing to shell out on the Belfry for a weekend and spend hundreds if not more while there are their target audience. Tony asks quite often what people want to see next out of certain options and often says "ok, we'll do that next". They even caved in at this years one and said they'd now make Prospero book 7 due to the amount of outcry for it. When they've not wanted to talk about plans, they've always said "we can't talk about that yet". The BL and FW guys are a lot more relaxed than GW proper. Hell, at the weekender they were using non GW glues and recommending non GW paints until the FW airbrush range gets names and packaging finalised.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    Actually at the Weekenders they've always been very open. They also take a lot of what the people who go there say under their belt - after all, the people willing to shell out on the Belfry for a weekend and spend hundreds if not more while there are their target audience. Tony asks quite often what people want to see next out of certain options and often says "ok, we'll do that next". They even caved in at this years one and said they'd now make Prospero book 7 due to the amount of outcry for it. When they've not wanted to talk about plans, they've always said "we can't talk about that yet". The BL and FW guys are a lot more relaxed than GW proper. Hell, at the weekender they were using non GW glues and recommending non GW paints until the FW airbrush range gets names and packaging finalised.
    This gives me hope. The fact that Forgeworld is growing and GW is shrinking should be a hint that.. maybe.. just maybe.. Forgeworld is doing it right.

Hopefully FW's openness will rub off on GW a little

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    The BL and FW guys are a lot more relaxed than GW proper.
    But they're still employees of Games Workshop, and if Games Workshop is going to start producing a line and don't want them talking about it and want them to officially deny it, they will deny it. Heck, they might not even know about it. This is a company that won't tell their own retail managers what they'll be getting in as new releases, which leaves them unable to hype up stuff that's coming down the ladder or create sales plans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    there have been rumours of closer ties between GW and FW. I could well imagine generic plastic armour marks, command bits etc. with forge world still providing the upgrade kits, characters and so on.
    That makes the most sense. It was really the way Forge World started, too... but that was also back in the days GW openly said they were a games company and had sales and special deals and White Dwarf was pretty thick for $5. Which wasn't even that long ago, but feels like an eternity.

This makes a lot of good business sense. So GW probably wont do it.
    When they come to the Ascended demon primarch models, they will be the same guys in the 40k universe so a cross over is inevitable.
    FW producing bog standard maureens is just stupid as they arent exactly detailed models.
    It would allow FW to maybe make more alien stuff as well as the plethora of other hh characters that are sure to come.

Hmm, no GW wont do it, they arent that bright.

If GW do 30K, they will probably do pre-Heresy 30K and let FW carry the Heresy (or most of it) which kinds of lets them off putting the clock forward in 40K.

Orks get GC in the 30K universe in the form of huge great emperor sized Orks.

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast