BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

And heres the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I get paid weekly. it is fantastic.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 04-16-2015 at 03:30 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

My company pays fortnightly. It's nice, except that it doesn't always line up right with when rent is due (1st of the month), so I might have to hold money in the bank for a week and remember not to touch it, no matter how tempting the week's releases are.

It's also pretty neat that it lines up with the schedule for doing Marketing web builds, same day we set those up for install, so it feels like I'm getting rewarded directly for doing my job.

First-Captain

I get paid every 4 weeks on a Thursday, Today being payday, am restraining my extra money ready for salute next week....

I do hope that if it is a HH box set, they keep it around for a while so I can get my hands on one.....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

so what is the actual rumour here that has people talking about payday anyway? that link of Red's just goes to 404 not found. where are people getting an end of the month date from?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

because Erik mentioned his doesn't line up with releases.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

ok, so nothing useful regarding the release then.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    so what is the actual rumour here that has people talking about payday anyway? that link of Red's just goes to 404 not found. where are people getting an end of the month date from?
    A few things...

1. The 404 error is a "redirect" of a lowercase URL to an uppercase URL, which only happens if someone's set up the server to redirect that URL (type in lowercase gibberish and it won't convert it). So that means it's very likely such a product is going to show up. They detected some of the Eldar products this way, and here they are showing up.

2. Apparently a lot of GW managers (or all of them?) aren't allowed to take May 1st off* (first weekend of May), suggesting a big release. (*I'd guess May 2nd is also off the table for vacation time.)

Throw the two together, and it suggests that we could get a Horus Heresy release the first weekend of May.

It's conjecture, sure, but that's all we have to go on right now. It seems more likely than WFB9 showing up May 1st.

From there it kind of digressed after I mentioned that's also the time rent is due, and people got to comparing when they get paid, when bills are due, all that... just a little side detour. At least it's a lot less harmful than "I'm not going to play against Eldar at all until they get a new codex in 2017!"

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    A few things...

1. The 404 error is a "redirect" of a lowercase URL to an uppercase URL, which only happens if someone's set up the server to redirect that URL (type in lowercase gibberish and it won't convert it). So that means it's very likely such a product is going to show up. They detected some of the Eldar, Skitarii, Daemonkin, and Harlequin products this way, and here they are showing up.
    FTFY. Redirects have become a pretty reliable means of detecting upcoming products, until GW gets wise to it and changes up when they start putting entries in their DB.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    FTFY. Redirects have become a pretty reliable means of detecting upcoming products, until GW gets wise to it and changes up when they start putting entries in their DB.
    You didn't "fix" it for me. I used the most recent example that was fresh in memory. There's no need to list everything.

You could have added your own post noting those as other examples, but do not edit my post and claim you "fixed" it when it got across the point just fine and was not incorrect and therefore didn't need "fixed." To suggest it was is offensive. You might not have intended it that way, but it would be good to consider what you're saying in the future when you are literally starting your post with a phrase that means, "You were wrong, and I am correcting you on your inaccuracies."

Apologies, I didn't mean it that way. You did list the latest example but I figured it was worth pointing out that the redirects have been accurate indicators of every 40k release so far this year, not just Eldar. Fantasy too I think, but I don't pay as much attention to that. People still seem to be doubtful of it when it's so far been 100% accurate. Every time it's been "I found a redirect for X unit" "what? it's a 404/look I found a redirect to ridiculous_nonsense so I don't know what you're talking about". I could have gone about it a different way but I just wanted to drive the point home.

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast