BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

What would be cool would be if GW also released a mini 30k rulebook in the HH box set. That would really bring the game to everyone.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    Apologies, I didn't mean it that way. You did list the latest example but I figured it was worth pointing out that the redirects have been accurate indicators of every 40k release so far this year, not just Eldar. Fantasy too I think, but I don't pay as much attention to that. People still seem to be doubtful of it when it's so far been 100% accurate. Every time it's been "I found a redirect for X unit" "what? it's a 404/look I found a redirect to ridiculous_nonsense so I don't know what you're talking about". I could have gone about it a different way but I just wanted to drive the point home.

I'm not sure there's been much Fantasy product for people to notice. A lot of the End Times rumors also ended up being off with some of the products, so people weren't sure what to look for. So far 40K's been where the action's at with the redirects and all.

There was also the Horus Heresy blank page found a few weeks ago, that became a 404 a few hours after it started making the rounds on the Internet. But that didn't help narrow down a timeline.

What makes me curious is how people know what phrases to even look for? I swear some of these things are showing up before we know what units are called from WD leaks and all. I wonder if someone has access to a GW system and can see upcoming products, but rather than leak that info, they're saying they "found redirects" that they wouldn't otherwise know to look for. (I know the GW store computers get updated ahead of a release, sometimes weeks in advance... one of the very few ways the managers are warned of what's coming.)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    What would be cool would be if GW also released a mini 30k rulebook in the HH box set. That would really bring the game to everyone.
    They aren't going to release a "starter box" without rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I'm not sure there's been much Fantasy product for people to notice. A lot of the End Times rumors also ended up being off with some of the products, so people weren't sure what to look for. So far 40K's been where the action's at with the redirects and all.

There was also the Horus Heresy blank page found a few weeks ago, that became a 404 a few hours after it started making the rounds on the Internet. But that didn't help narrow down a timeline.

What makes me curious is how people know what phrases to even look for? I swear some of these things are showing up before we know what units are called from WD leaks and all. I wonder if someone has access to a GW system and can see upcoming products, but rather than leak that info, they're saying they "found redirects" that they wouldn't otherwise know to look for. (I know the GW store computers get updated ahead of a release, sometimes weeks in advance... one of the very few ways the managers are warned of what's coming.)
    For sure. It's one thing to suspect Harlequins or whatever is coming, it's another thing to try to figure out what the units would be named to try to guess at urls. I guess to an extent some of that stuff probably shows up in the fiction, or some things like the Dark Angel Space Marines one that came up a week or two ago is a reasonable guess since it matches the Blood Angels marine box... but I think the insider explanation is more likely for more out there things, like Skitarii units and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I get paid weekly. it is fantastic.
    So do I.

As do I.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Hmm..

[url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Forge__World_Bundles?page=1]New Forgeworld bundle deals release[/url] at the same time they are retiring some existing ones [url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/LAST_CHANCE_BUNDLES]with a 'last chance' page.[/url]

Yet no infantry sets being retired. Including the 10 man, £68.00 a chuck ones.

Not terribly indicative of a cheaper plastic option coming.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

no particular reason to drop their infantry bundles though, even after plastic ones come out.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Not sure I agree there....

If what we get in the alleged HH plastic set is power armour, it will likely be a single Mk. And with that out, I don't see much call for FW's equivalent.

I dunno. I know I'm being quite negative here about the chances of there being a plastic HH set, but it's just not sitting right with me. Still happy to be proved wrong though!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Has GW ever put anything about to be replaced on sale? I get that FW's done it sometimes with books, but that's a bit different.

This is the company that keeps product on the shelves right up to the point it's replaced, even after WD has shown the replacement. Or, in the case of some items, they keep it on the shelf, like the resin Wracks, until they sell their stock.

Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast