BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Adding to it could be fun.

Though I would be equally happy with chunky background heavy book sets about historical periods, like the Age of Apostasy and that. Simple truth is, 40k has a deeper background history than Warhammer. Make uses of it.

Just don't mention the turtle incident.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

But all the way down?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Shhhhhhhhh! I told you not to mention it
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

According to Warseer (Harry and Darnok) it isn't "End Times" but something that may send similar shock waves across the majority of 40K players.

All Marine kits will allegedly (hard to believe myself) be replaced with a new armour variant - MkIX which is allegedly easier to copyright.

After Chapterhouse and Spots the Space Marine GW have realised their iconic Space Marines are not that protectable so marines will get a radical new design.

No clue as to what that actually means but apparently "blue marines" are getting the treatment first - so Ultras then.

However the rumour claims "all" Marines will get the overhaul treatment.

As I say I am hugely skeptical - we've just had 2 new Tactical Marine kits - BAs and Vanilla as well as lots of other new kits.

I can understand a new armour mark, but not all other marks being phased out but I wouldn't put it past GW to do this as they really are rabid about their IP protection.

Chapter-Master

Taken from encounters with the Tau, and given anime styling? If they go too far they're going to be stepping too far away from a space marine. unless they go back towards mk VI? they're probably the most iconic variant? It makes sense in a way, but then again at the same time they're churning out FW marine kits in "older" variants and the new "current" mks. as well like you said

Well, Spots was likely spun off from the CH case, just to see if they could nab a stronger IP claim to the rather generic Space Marine monicker.

As for the MK9? Possible. I guess. But it seems really soon after the final oucome for new kits to be coming out? Just idle speculation, I have no idea how fast GW can get something from first concept sketch to produced sprues!

Chapter-Master

It would seem anti-fluff to roll it out to the smurfs - the legions/first founding chapters having greatest access to older kit.
    Now a new chapter (cause obviously we need more... )

Chapter-Master

I think that if this move to new armor types is real, you'd be seeing it already happen in the FW line up of the worthless HH crap. Afterall, that stuff also has to be copyrightable.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Well they have just released fluff for that "new chapter" something suns isn't it? So i guess them magically finding a crazy forge world full of crazy new and totally copyrightable STC templates for armour isn't that far away from what was mentioned....

Yeah, I'm thinking "40K End Times" isn't likely to happen. At least, not like WFB.

WFB needed a big shake-up. So they're going to do a new edition, but before that, we're getting a bunch of new rules, combined armies, and big expensive models.

Well, 40K has a bunch of new armies, the game allows combined armies with allies or Unbound, there's plenty of big expensive models coming out, there's new ways to play the game (Planetstrike, Cities of Death, Death from the Skies, Cryostorm, Kill Team, etc.)... So on the "shake up the gameplay and make a bunch of expensive models" front, they have that covered.

The other big thing with End Times is shaking up the world in big ways. Basically, trashing two Elf nations and smashing all the Elves together again; wiping out multiple human empires and kingdoms; destroying the lands of the Lizardmen, the Ogres, and the Dwarfs, while nearly wipes them out as races... That's groundwork for changing the Warhammer world to not be a modified Earth with fantasy tropes that they can't copyright.

Why would you do any of that in 40K? How would you even do it? Who get snuffed out? What's the end goal of trashing things so much? Do they really need to change up 40K that much? Has it started selling poorly? Do they think destroying whole armies will help? Do they think it's too much like the Milky Way? Are Space Elves on the way out? How would any of that make sense?

I don't think it's 40K "End Times." We've pretty much been in the 40K "End Times" for years now. It works as a setting because it's in a state of "minutes to midnight."

Plenty of other stuff could shake up the game, though.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast