BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

This pleases me. Imperial Fists are the perfect choice of 'default' Marine Legion. They take standard bolters and chainswords and make them awesome. Yellow looks so good when weathered properly.

And Heresy-era Iron Warriors > 40K-era Iron Warriors.

They're just so much bleaker than any other Legion; taken for granted by every other Legion, treated with contempt by their Primarch... They don't even fall to Chaos so much as turn from the Emperor into absolute nihilistic despair. The only reason they feel hate is because it's the only thing that can cover over the fact there's nothing left inside them at all.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

ooooh
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    This pleases me. Imperial Fists are the perfect choice of 'default' Marine Legion. They take standard bolters and chainswords and make them awesome. Yellow looks so good when weathered properly.
    I would agree with this Aside from their speciality in Zones Mortalis, they are very much the ideal of the Crusade.

And Heresy-era Iron Warriors > 40K-era Iron Warriors.

They're just so much bleaker than any other Legion;
    Death Guard are similar too.
    taken for granted by every other Legion, treated with contempt by their Primarch... They don't even fall to Chaos so much as turn from the Emperor into absolute nihilistic despair. The only reason they feel hate is because it's the only thing that can cover over the fact there's nothing left inside them at all.
    I find the few examples of loyalist Iron Warriors very interesting, because they are much more like the pre-Perturabo Iron Warriors- grim and to the point, and aware that they get the worse jobs of the Crusade, but a sort of dour pride in the fact that what they do is necessary for the Emperor's work, and for that they don't need the glory. Also still the hate, hate at the betrayal of their brothers, although I think that is shared by all loyalists.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    I find the few examples of loyalist Iron Warriors very interesting, because they are much more like the pre-Perturabo Iron Warriors- grim and to the point, and aware that they get the worse jobs of the Crusade, but a sort of dour pride in the fact that what they do is necessary for the Emperor's work, and for that they don't need the glory. Also still the hate, hate at the betrayal of their brothers, although I think that is shared by all loyalists.

Loyalist Iron Warriors are amazing, because their [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlanetOfHats]'hat'[/url] is that they are incapable of caring about anything. They're not Chaotic, but they are still a pack of war crime committing monsters. Like, Kyr Vhalen gets told 'New orders: we're rebelling against the Emperor' and his entire response is 'No'. Doesn't even bother finding out why, just says 'No' and then starts killing Iron Warriors because that's just how it works. No pride, no glory, none of that horrible bravado, where everyone pretends they're some kind of hero even though they're bathed up to the elbows in murder. There's none of that with the Iron Warriors because they don't need to stroke their egos and tell themselves they're doing the right thing. They genuinely don't care about doing the right thing or not. They just kill people because that's what they were designed to do, and morality or motivations don't enter into it.

There's no such thing as a heroic Iron Warrior, just one who's better at killing than the others.

Way more interesting than the modern 'standard bwahahahahaha villain' incarnation.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Captain

Yeah despite being an IF fan through and through one of my favourite Heresy era characters is the loyalist Warsmith Barabas Dantioch, both for his tactical genius and the sheer utter contempt he holds his traitor brothers and his own Primarch in for being too weak to be loyal, for allowing petty emotions to get the better of them. Bloody brilliant character.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

don't forget that the Iron Warriors felt under appreciated and taken for granted by the Emperor, whereas Horus absolutely needed them to have any chance of defeating the Emperor on Terra. being wanted is a powerful motivator.

Indeedy.

Had Perturabo not turned, the Heresy would have fallen flat on it's face. Dunno about anyone else, but I really wouldn't like to try and besiege a fortress designed by Rogal Dorn and Perturabo, and manned by both their Legions.

No. Thank. You.

Though it does make me wonder what happened to the IW garrisons and similar groups who remained loyal after the Heresy...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

they set up a small galactic cupcake company

Tasty within, tasty without?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

don't be silly. Jam within, Sprinkles without.

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast