BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
    First-Captain

Plastic armour kits mean the most common complaint I've seen about playing Horus Heresy (buying expensive models and then having loads of parts left over when you buy the Legion upgrade sets) isn't going to be as contentious an issue.

I don't think anything serious about "tiers" of the game is every likely to occur, they want people to play all their games and be able to buy as many models as they want, they won't want to restrict people and they don't want to stop parents buying them a massive expensive Horus Hersey box for Christmas!

People have been talking about the tiers of play idea for ages and its just never panned out that way at all.

Good, I can get cracking on a Shattered Legion force
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Fly Lord

via [URL="https://disqus.com/by/disqus_9kDU0zOo6w/"]Squiggly[/URL] (DISQUS) 2-25-2016

"Basically the calth stuff will be released in boxes labelled for 30k and 40k. The HH range is a big thing, and a handful of kits is not a "big thing"

I know the Mechanicum models were intended to be Heresy models too. So I suspect they too will get repacked as 30k/40k models when the range is launched. Or soon after.

Yes the 40k Mechanicum stuff is all labelled all same, but it is split into two factions. They were intended to be one 40k faction and one 30k faction.

I hope that makes more sense."
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

First-Captain

Lords of War Gaming on FB pretty much just laughed at those rumours, Squiggly has been right about pretty much just the Deathwatch game so far, so I think that needs to be taken into consideration.

Fly Lord

via a very reliable source who spoke to BoLS on condition of anonymity:

We have been hearing for several weeks now of the Sequel to Betrayal at Calth. One long, long term rumormonger with a fantastic record chimed in with these tidbits:

• The sequel to Betrayal at Calth is real.
    • It is scheduled for SEPTEMBER 2016.
    • The kit itself is being manufactured as a stand alone game by GW proper, as the previous boxed games have been, but the exact sprue contents being Heresy relates are pretty much dictated by Forge World. This ensures they will fit in nice and neatly with existing and future planned Forge World Horus Heresy kits.
    • Games Workshop is very much committed to continuing to push and expand the Horus Heresy line into a bigger part of the business - one that is reported as ALREADY outselling Age of Sigmar!
    • The new kit will feature plastic sprues with Mark III armor.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

Nice. If it's anything like the miniature content we got in BaC we'll all be rocking proper sized Heresy forces in short order. It probably cost the same as my 10 man squad of MK IIIs did in resin (it got out hand &#128563
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

Pads, torsos, helmets, weapons, and bording shields?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

boarding marines would be awesome
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I was just thinking for him to make a ten man squad cost the same as a boxset

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Pads, torsos, helmets, weapons, and bording shields?
    That's about right. They just kept bringing out more stuff 😳
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546