BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Getting back in after three years off and I completely understand the frustation. I see a lot of competitive lists and I was looking more for a friendly game last weekend. My opponent was a good player and he was a good sport but it felt like he was trying to beat me down with his list that had a lot of stuff that I was unfamiliar with. I have mostly researched batreps on youtube and just slowly started back. I talk fluff and lists with the guys at the shop when I can and I think it can be very intimidating trying to get back in. I am still trying to figure out the new force org. Good luck and hopefully we can hear how your progress goes.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I think the last 40K game i played was Apoc when 5th ed. was still current. I got busy at work then got married, new job, moved twice and had a kid (who I cannot wait to spoil with this hobby). I've never been expertly conversant with the rules to begin with and I'm naturally shy anyhow, so finding a pick up game is pretty much out of the question at this point. I haven't even seen the COVER of the 7th ed. book yet, let alone its contents. In the last move i somehow managed to misplace all my books to boot. So at this point I pretty much talk to my 40K friends (when the chance arises) for my fix and for news and views sort of thing. This forum is for me a way to ease back into the current grimdark. the conversations and topics I've seen here are exactly what I need to get me back to it. I have to say my wife, (who is by no means a gamer of any kind), has always been supportive of this little addiction of mine and constantly encourages me to get back into the game. I was never a tourney player though, always a fluff hound, so the local spots are a bit intimidating, (especially when you don't know anyone there). I would venture to say that this forum will help me get back into the swing of things, into the right spirit you might say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12