BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Some suitable mechanicum music :

Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I believe I've spotted the first rules conundrum already: the Radium Jezzail is a Sniper weapon with the 'Rad Poisoning' rules which states: "A To-Wound roll of 6 with this weapon inflicts 2 Wounds on the target unit, regardless of Toughness. These Wounds are allocated and saved against separately." Sniper also confers Rending, which causes a To-Wound roll of 6 to be resolved at AP 2. So, does this mean both Wounds are AP 2, or only 1?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    I believe I've spotted the first rules conundrum already: the Radium Jezzail is a Sniper weapon with the 'Rad Poisoning' rules which states: "A To-Wound roll of 6 with this weapon inflicts 2 Wounds on the target unit, regardless of Toughness. These Wounds are allocated and saved against separately." Sniper also confers Rending, which causes a To-Wound roll of 6 to be resolved at AP 2. So, does this mean both Wounds are AP 2, or only 1?
    Oh man, that's a good question. I'd assume at least 1 wound is resolved at AP 2 because the Sniper rule isn't invalidated by the Rad Poisoning rule... but the other wound? That's up in the air.

But take a look at it: "a to-wound roll of 6 with this weapon" implying that it uses whatever extra rules the weapon would normally have. I'd say that both wounds are AP2.

The butchering of Muse lyrics in this thread makes me cry.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Sounds like both to me. At least until GW says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Oh man, that's a good question. I'd assume at least 1 wound is resolved at AP 2 because the Sniper rule isn't invalidated by the Rad Poisoning rule... but the other wound? That's up in the air.

But take a look at it: "a to-wound roll of 6 with this weapon" implying that it uses whatever extra rules the weapon would normally have. I'd say that both wounds are AP2.
    Just the first I'd say. Precedent from Warhammer is the Tomb Scorpion. Has both Poisoned Attacks (6 to hit auto-wounds) and Killing Blow (6 to wound kills outright with no armour or regeneration save allowed). As Poisoned Hits don't roll to wound, no chance of Killing Blow.

So here, 6 to wound bags you another wound on the unit, but as that second wound is automatic, it cannot benefit from Rending.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Just the first I'd say. Precedent from Warhammer is the Tomb Scorpion. Has both Poisoned Attacks (6 to hit auto-wounds) and Killing Blow (6 to wound kills outright with no armour or regeneration save allowed). As Poisoned Hits don't roll to wound, no chance of Killing Blow.

So here, 6 to wound bags you another wound on the unit, but as that second wound is automatic, it cannot benefit from Rending.
    Well, your example works because they're part of two different rolls. Because a 6 to-hit auto-wounds, it doesn't get the chance to get Killing Blow because there's no roll to wound.

However, with the Rad-Poisoning + Sniper, both are resolved in the To-Wound roll. Obviously, both effects go off, getting the extra wound and getting the rending, the question is whether the rending applies to both or only applies to one.

It certainly needs clarification, but it makes sense that it would apply to both.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Well, your example works because they're part of two different rolls. Because a 6 to-hit auto-wounds, it doesn't get the chance to get Killing Blow because there's no roll to wound.

However, with the Rad-Poisoning + Sniper, both are resolved in the To-Wound roll. Obviously, both effects go off, getting the extra wound and getting the rending, the question is whether the rending applies to both or only applies to one.

It certainly needs clarification, but it makes sense that it would apply to both.
    that would make sense, in MtG and D20 sense they are stackable abilities.

Sigh, another army I have to resist buying, they do look cool, but I'd want my Skitari to kinda look like the Borg with robes instead of jumpsuits LOL
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Is it Friday yet?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Is it Friday yet?
    It needs to be a week from Friday, so I can actually have the things in my hands o.o

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast