BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Librarian

I mean they are exspensive as all heck, but then again I sometimes loan out LPs to people to borrow for their DJ sets that are worth more than some of my apoclaype sized armies.

im just kind of loose with my marines and tyranids cause I got them for free/cheap. Ide probably not feel as friendly with my eldar or chaos armies. also I cant stress the degree to which I know and chill with all these weirdos, all former bandmates/roomates/co-workers. Ide let someone I knew less borrow an army for a night at a store/event, but not to take home and battle other people, with half my rines and most of my nids I couldnt care less I'de be bummed if they got stolen/destroyed/melted/etc. but as i mentioned I got most of the rines for free and all of the NIDs for some MTG cards my ex-roomate gave to me to settle bill money, you know how that goes.

alsob sort of to add to my thing earlier about not picking up players, what seems to be the most troubling thing to most of the new players I know is the prospect of buying a codex and rulebook. For this reason I frequently trade for and give away DV mini-books

Fly Lord

via Birds in the Trees 2-21-2015

Some early tidbits on Mechanicus units:

- Legion Cybernetica units have a certain quick and easy "programming" game mechanic built into them.

- Examp les listed were only being able to define certain aspects of moving and/or shoointing directly, with some aspects being determined either in a pre-defined manner, or randomly. thus some of your Ad-mech units may not be "wholly" under your direct player control.

- There will however be certain pieced of wargiesr and or "controller" units which will get around these limitations.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Not sure about the Admech stuff. Not a huge fan of the forgeworld models they have done so far, and if that trend flows over into 40K, I think I won't have a hard time leaving it. Deathwatch however.....

Ive not been a massive fan of the FW Admech models, so I hope GW goes in a slightly different direction. If not... halloooooo deathwatch!

A huge problem for 40k is there are good competitors out there that cost a lot less to get into and build an army. Heck for the cost of the 40k rulebook/codex some games you can have a good sized army AND the rules.

40k/WHFB is no longer in a vacuum and their competition keeps their eyes open to the market. They utilize the social media, they listen to player/customers (listen doesn't alwayd mean do what they say but they do listen and consider what is said), and most of all they learn from the mistakes of others.

GW seems to be happy sitting on top of their castle ignoring the world around them. They cannot see why their castle is falling apart and often their "fixes" only make the problem worse in the long run (price increases).

Also gaming conventions and other companies seem to be growing... so saying the hobby as a whole is dying because GW is losing sales is rather shortsighted and foolish.
    Last edited by StingrayP226; 02-22-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Battle-Brother

Some early tidbits on Mechanicus units:

- Legion Cybernetica units have a certain quick and easy "programming" game mechanic built into them.

- Examp les listed were only being able to define certain aspects of moving and/or shoointing directly, with some aspects being determined either in a pre-defined manner, or randomly. thus some of your Ad-mech units may not be "wholly" under your direct player control.

- There will however be certain pieced of wargiesr and or "controller" units which will get around these limitations.
    Interesting, but this sounds basically identical to the 30k system. but it's vague enough it could go all the way out to something resembling the old Robot Programming flowcharts...

One method (that I just came up with off the top of my head) that might work like the old system would be a deck of cards based system. so you spend points (say, 1 point per card, 2 for really advanced ones)
    to build a stack of instructions for each robot, during the Robot Phase (or split up into the other phases) you take the top card, read and follow it, then place it on the bottom of the stack. repeat until you get to the first card again.
    Could get a bit unwieldy with multiple robots though..
    Alternately, having a load of Modifier cards for each phase of the game which are assigned to a specific robot unit at the start. So for example, providing the USR Rage for melee. or "attack nearest unit in range" with a modifier for "IFF"
    Then in combat, a wound might have a chance to remove any IFF card. or something.

I might have a chat about it with my local group and experiment with this...

I was telling myself I was done with 40k but I'd get only get back in if Sisters of Battle were released (seriously I've binned a ridiculous amount of stuff the last few weeks). But Genestealer Cults? If they release those and don't **** 'em up then I wouldn't be able to stop myself from buying them. :-(

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302401-rumours-mechanicus-skitarii-vanguard/"]Atia [/URL]on Bolter & Chainsword 3-10-2015

The following URL suffixes on the GW webstore (for UK) resolve to blank pages instead of taking you to the default 404 page. This is the same behavior that was seen before the Harlequin product pages went live. These correlate strongly with the previous list of rumors Ad-Mech products.
    /Skitarii-Vanguard
    /Legio-Cybernetica
    /Codex-Skitarii-ENG
    /Datacards-Skitarii-ENG
    /Skitarii-Paint-Web-Bundle
    via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Lordsofwargaming"]Lords of War[/URL] (facebook) 4-10-2015

"Admech are right around the corner. ...They are not actually Admech. That codex will release later. The books will be Skatarii and Cult Mechanicus."
    "Supplements, but models as well."
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Lordsofwargaming"]Lords of War[/URL] (facebook) 4-10-2015
    That actually makes a lot of sense as AdMech covers several groups (Cult Mechanicus, Legio Cybernetica, Skitarii, Titan Legions and allied Knight Houses and probably others I've forgotten too) and as GW don't include FW units in their codexes I doubt we will see a codex from them for the AdMech as a whole.

Forgeworld on the other hand could (and very likely will) do an Imperial Armour: War Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus book that covers all/most of their currently 30k only units, plus GW's stuff (whatever that turns out to be) and the Titans and Knights etc with an army list that combines all those elements together for use in 40k. Now that's a book that would be insanely cool.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

And here's me sitting on £50 of unallocated GW e-vouchers.....

Is you think wot I r thinking?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast