BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Warmachine Battle Report Web Site

Hello

This site I built seems to have been going down well on the PP forums, so I thought I would share it here too.

[URL="http://warmachine.battle.directory/"]http://warmachine.battle.directory/[/URL]

What is The Battle Directory?

The Battle Directory takes the pain out of building and sharing battle reports for all your favourite gaming systems. Simply import your army, upload some photos, and fill in as much detail as you like. We’ll take care of all the hard work so you can focus on your strategy.

Is The Battle Directory for me?

Yes! Anyone can register and start making their own Battle Report right now. Its free! Just Register and you're away in seconds. Haven't got a full report yet? No problem, your report's progress is saved so you can easily comeback later and complete it at any time.

Enjoy!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cadian Shock Imperial Guard Blog - http://cadianshock.com

The following Battle Report was originally published on [url=http://the.battle.directory/]The Battle Directory[/url] web site on 03-03-2015. It was exported here using a new one-click feature that exports to BBCode - thoughts?

The original report including all the images, user comments and stats can be found here [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90[/url]

The Battle Directory takes the pain out of building and sharing battle reports for all your favourite gaming systems. Our fast and simple interface allows you to import your army, upload some photos, and fill in as much detail as you like. We'll take care of all the hard work so you can focus on your strategy.

Cygnar VS Cygnar - Nemo 3/Stryker1 (Cgynar) vs Kraye/Ashlynn (Mercnar)

Battle Report Detail

• Incursion - (Steamroller - 2015)
    • 100 points

Overview

So me and my buddy wanted to play our first 100pt battle. It was fun and we used a type of Unbound rules where we each had 3 turns per round. For this report I'll annotate each Round/Turn when explaining what happened on that turn.

Background

Fair warning: this is a long battle report, I included captions in all of the photos so you can get the gist just by looking at the photos.

This is a 2 Caster 100pt game using a form of Unbound w/ a changed Incurision. So each Round has 3 turns of play per person. You only score CPs at the end of the Round not the turns, we put it at 10 CP's to win with killing 1 caster giving you 2 CPs.

Deployment Team A

Ok so my opponent won the first initiative and went first from left to right in the photo:

1st Row: B13, Forgeguard, ATGM 1 (w/ UA), Stannis Brocker, Precurser Knights, Rutger Shaw, Mangler, Taryn, ATGM 2 (w/o UA), Ironclad, Kraye, Long gunners, Stormgunners,

2nd Row: Rhupert, Gorman, Lady A&H, Nomad, Ashlynn, Mule,

Advance Deploy: Gun Mage Captain Adept, Press Gangers

Deployment Image (Team A)

Deployment Image (Team A)

Deployment Team B

My deployment I wanted Stryker to lock down the Left flank and I think, w/ electro leaps, chain lightning and the B13th, I can wipe out his left flank (my right) with Nemos' group so he goes on my right flank w/ most of my infantry in the middle.

Left to right:

1st Row: B13, Caitlyn, Reinholdt, Nemo, Ironclad, Stormguard, Alexia, ATGM, Rowdy, Lancer

2nd Row: Stormcaller, Stormclad, Strangeways, Stormblades, Jr, Stormblade Captain, Rhupert, Stormcaller, Gorman, Defender, Squire, Stryker

Advance deploy: Rangers across the line, Hunter on the hill, Eiryss I AD but in the back of everyone.

Deployment Image (Team B)

Deployment Image (Team B)

Turn 1

Ok time for the massive game to start:

Round 1 Turn 1 Kraye turn:

Press Gangers(PG) run to the Center flag, Stormguard (SG) run up my right board edge, Kraye cast Full tilt on the Ironclad and advances up. Ironclad runs up an impressive 20" past the center line (wow that's a fast clad). Long gunners (LG) run up back into line with the SG. Harlan Versh runs up behind a wall, Gun mage captain (GMCA) runs to a forest, ATGM2 (unit w/o UA) runs up, Taryn runs, Rutger Shaw advances but fails his 'jack marshall drive. Mangler advances.

Round 1 Turn 2 Nemo:

Caitlyn Finch moves up behind the forest. Rangers move up and kill only 2 PGs. Ironclad runs w/ marshall benefit to toe into the woods. Hunter moves up to the front of the hill and shoots the enemy Ironclad doing 10 damage. Alexia moves up and kills 1 PG w/ a handcannon shot.

ATGM move up on the hill and kill 2 PGs and the GMCA. The Stormclad moves up. Rhupert pipes Tough and Fearless on the Rangers. Jr gives Arcane Shield to the SG. B13th advance and try to deviate a Mage storm onto the enemy SG but it deviates off the board. Pass turn. Nemo cast Fail safe on the Ironclad and moves up a little behind the forest .

A lot of juicy guys all grouped together - Turn 1
    Only 1 image is shown due to forum restrictions, total images: 6 - [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]View Full Report[/url]

Turn 2

Round 1 Turn 3 Ashlynn:

Ashlynn allocates a couple focus so her Jacks can run. Mule runs, Nomad runs, Slys Advances. Ashlynn noticed she was really far from the Dwarves so she "charges" Rhupert to get in range, cast Quicken on the Dwarves but fails her charge and her activation ends. Rhupert pipes March on the Dwarves so they can deal with the forest in front of them.

The Dwarves run 12" (really fast dwarves), B13th run up the left flank. ATGM1 (w/ UA) Run up behind wall/forest. Gorman runs and Precurser Knights advance in Shield Wall.

Round 1 Turn 4 Stryker:

Stryker allocates 1 to Lancer and keeps the rest of his focus. The Defender moves up to the hill and Shoots at the enemy Ironclad w/ Snipe from Runeshots doing 5 damage to it, taking out his hammer. Lancer runs 12" and Stryker Arcs Earthquake through him at the Dwarves, knocking down 6 of them. Stryker attempts to arc Arcane Bolt at Ryan of the Enemy B13th but is 1/2" out of range. Rowdy runs up in front of Stryker. Stormguard Run and get into position spreading out through the Rangers. Stormblades advance up behind the SG. Eiyrss runs over to the right flank (I'm trying to keep her for late game). Gorman advances up to the Defender to hide behind him a little. The Captain Advances up w/ the SBs.

Round 1 Turn 5 Cleanup Mercnar:

Stannis Brocker runs, Lady A & H run, Anastaia moves up a little.
    Round 1 Turn 6 Cleanup Cygnar:

The remaining Stormcallers run into better position

Overview after his first turns - Turn 2
    Only 1 image is shown due to forum restrictions, total images: 2 - [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]View Full Report[/url]

Turn 3

Beginning of Round 2 I win Initiative (you reroll initiative at the beginning of a new Round).

Round 2 Turn 1 Nemo:

Nemo Keeps his Focus. The B13th move up and shoot a Magestorm at the Long gunners, out of range, and get a good deivation hitting almost off the Stormguard and killing all but 2. The rest of the B13th kill the other 2 SG members. The Rangers Kill 4 PGs and the PGs flee.

The SG Charge into the Ironclad and wreck him. Alexia crafts a Thrall Warrior who promptly dies to a free strike from a Gun Mage when he attempted to charge Stannis. The Hunter shoots Stannis for 7 damage. Ironclad runs up to the right flag. Arlan runs up to the forest edge w/ a Stormcaller following behind him. Jr Upkeeps Ar Shield.

Round 2 Turn 2 Kraye:

Harlan Versh (who I've never played against) gets some serious work in on the SG, Killing 3 but doesn't shoot he 4th becaus he would've given Alexia a soul so a puts 1 damage on Ironclad. PG's fail again and run away. ATGM2 advance and shoot and kill 5 rangers (the last one passes command w/ snake eyes, he don't care). Stannis charges Alexia (who was too far up the board) and she transfers 6 damage to the Risen. Long gunners activate and move up Killing Lynch and Ryan.

Kraye activates and shoots 2 SG giving Alexia souls. Piper pipes March again on the dwarves. Dwarves charge the Lancer and wreck him. Shaw drives his jack and advances.

Black13th decimate the Stormguard on their flank - Turn 3
    Only 1 image is shown due to forum restrictions, total images: 6 - [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]View Full Report[/url]

Turn 4

Round 2 Turn 3 Stryker:

Styker allocates 3 to Rowdy. The Piper of Ord gives Heroic Call (tough and fearless) to the Stormblades now that most of the Rangers are dead. Styker advances a little farther and Earthquakes the group of Dwarves that wrecked his beloved Lancer knocking down the entire squad and then shoots one killing him. The Gun Mages move around a little to block charge lanes and LoS to Stryker and kill 2 more Dwarves.

Styker sends Ol'Rowdy to charge the Dwarves and kills 4 of them. Leaving just 3, he uses 1 Focus to Imprint Grudge and has an extra focus left over. Watts (the last b13th) kills a LG. The Defender takes a boosted shot at Stannis to try and save Alexia but misses.

Round 2 turn 4 Ashlynn:

His Gorman advances into the woods. The enemy B13th move up but one is too close to Rowdy who counter charges and decimates Lynch. The other 2 manage to do 3 damage to Rowdy w/ brutal damage. Taryn di la Rovissi shoots at Alexia with Black Penny for 4 pts. The Mule activates and shoots Alexia, killing her, which was good for him because she had a lot of soul tokens. The Press Gangers rally (I guess they liked that Alexia fell). Lady Aiyanna and Holt advance and Lady A Kiss Rowdy with Holt pumping him w/ 2 shots for 5 damage.

ATGM 1 move up and miss the Hunter on the hill. Anastasia moves up. Sylys moves up and the Nomad just advances. Ashlynn just sits in the back on a full focus camp, you can barely see her feet behind a row of cards in one of the photos.

Cleanup turn:

My Gorman moves up and black Oils Stannis, Eiryss Moves up a little and the remaining Callers move up.

Cleanup turn:

The only thing left for my Opponent is his Precurser Knights who advance a little in Shield Wall.

Rowdy counter charging and Killing Lynch, Dwarves are decimated. - Turn 4
    Only 1 image is shown due to forum restrictions, total images: 4 - [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]View Full Report[/url]

Turn 5

Start of Round 3 I win initative again.

Round 3 Turn 1 Nemo:

Nemo keeps his focus and Caitlyn upkeeps Failsafe for free. The Risen charge in and kill Stannis Brocker amazingly w/ combined Melee. Nemo decides to pop his Feat and cast Chain Lightning at the Long Gunners killing 7. He takes a shot at one of the 2 remaining Press Gangers and kills him and electro leaps kill Harlan Versh and does 3 damage to Kraye.

Stormblade infantry get an assault order and assault into the ATGM2 and Kraye and manage to kill 3 gun mages because I forgot about the 3" AOE, and kill Kraye. My gun mages activate and move to block the hill and kill Gorman but not much else. My Gorman moves up, 2 Stormcallers move around a little to get into better position. The Defender Shoots at the Mule doing 14 damage to his 1 and gets a crit thunderbolt pushing him back 3" and knocking him down. The Hunter shoots the Mule for a whooping 12 damage to the 5.

Round 3 Turn 2 Ashlynn:

Ashlynn allocates 3 to the Nomad and Mule shaking the KD. Ashlynn pops her Feat and kills the last Ranger. Mule attempts to shoot the SB but misses and it deviates into nothing. Nomad charges into the Stormblades killing 3 ( I had forgot to give them Tough previously). The remaining PG charges a SB but misses.

The 3 remaining Long Gunners move to get LoS on Nemo and CRA for 3 points of Damage. The remaining member of ATGM2 puts 3 damage on the SB UA. Taryn shoots the Hunter w/ Iron Rot twice but doesn't knock out anything. ATGM1 activate and kill 4 of my ATGM w/ an Arcane Inferno Order. Rhupert puts TF on the Dwarves. Rutger advances and so does the Mangler. Finally Anastasia slinks a little closer.

Overview after the big Jacks charged in - Turn 5
    Only 1 image is shown due to forum restrictions, total images: 4 - [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]View Full Report[/url]

Turn 6

Round 3 Turn 3 Stryker:

Stryker allocates 3 to Rowdy. Rhupert goes first and gives the remaining SBs Tough and Fearless. Ol' Rowdy tramples (after much debate), and kills Aiyanna making Holt sad but not fleeing. Rowdy is a little out of range to attack anyone else so he Imprints grudge and has an extra focus left over. Stryker casts Arcane Bolt at the B13th Ryan and klls her and camps his stack and I forget to pop feat. The 1 remaining SG charges and misses Taryn giving her a 2" move. A Stormcaller attempts to call on a LG but doesn't kill him thanks to dueces for damage. Reinholdt runs up to Nemo (I honestly forgot to use him almost every turn). Finally the SB Captain moves up.

Round 3 Turn 4:

Sylys and Reinholdt advance up. The Dwarves move up and surround that flag in front of it. The last B13th shoots Stryker for 6 damage. Holt attempts to move but enters and exits Ol' Rowdy's melee and dies to a free strike. The PK's finally break Shield Wall and charge into Rowdy getting 4 on him and 2 behind them. After the first attack Rowdy triggers Grudge but misses the attack. The 4 charging PKs do a TON of damage on Rowdy leaving him with 8 boxes.

Cleanup Cygnar:

Eiryss disrupts the Nomad and Jr runs to the wall, and the chicken runs.

Mercnar has no cleanup round.

Precursers Knights trying to wreck Ol'Rowdy, come a little short. - Turn 6

Turn 7

Beginning of Round 4 and I keep the Initiative.

Round 4 Turn 1 Stryker:

Stryker allocates 3 to Rowdy and Jr upkeeps Arcane Shield on the SBs. Stryker shoots a dwarf to death, Rowdy kills 3 PKs and the rest Flee and he imprints Grudge again. The Stormcaller on the hill kills the last of the enemy B13th. My remaining ATGM kill 2 of his ATGM1 unit.

The SB charge the Nomad and Mule and after some fire dice manage to kill the Mule and put 10 damage on the Nomad. The Ironclad moves over and kills 1 of the 2 remaining LG. The Defender shoots the Nomad but only manages 2 damage and the Hunter misses completely.

The 3 remaining Risen run to engage the remaining ATGM1 unit. My Gorman moves up and tosses an Acid bomb on the dwarves but only catches 1, no damage but he suffers the Corrosion continuous effect. Rhupert gives the SBs Tough again.

Round 4 Turn 2 Ashlynn:

The ATGM1 unit trys to move out of combat with the Risen to be able to shoot at Stryker but 3 of the remaining 5 die to Free Strikes from the Risen. Both my opponent and I have no idea how that happened. The 2 remaining manage to kill the Stormcaller on the hill. Next up Taryn tries to shoot the Gun Mages that are blocking charge lanes from the Dwarves to Stryker, but misses both attacks. So my opponent decides to charge the Gun Mages with the dwarves instead (Side note: because the continuous effects are rolled and take place during the Maintence Phase and the Maintence Phase only happens at the beginning of the new Round for both playes and not at the beginning of each turn in Unbound, the Dwarf w/ corrosion gets to live). The dwarves both miss the Gun mages.

His Mangler charges onto the wreck marker of the Mule and into 4 SBs but manages to only kill 1 thanks to Tough. Rutger Shaw charges in and hits the Stormblade Lt (yes the officer is a Lt) but he Toughs again. The Nomad activates and tries to kill the Lt again but he Toughs again! (that's a tough *** LT!). Nomad does manage to kill the Standard bearer though. Rhupert activates and pipes Tough on his 2 dwarves again. The last 3 PKs Rally and the Last LG rallys. Sylys gives Arcane secrets to Ashlynn and Reinholdt gives he Lucky.

Ashlynn Activates and cast Twister on 2 Risen, taking out the remaining Risen with a handcannon shot. She passes the turn.

Overview of the Battle - Turn 7
    Only 1 image is shown due to forum restrictions, total images: 7 - [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]View Full Report[/url]

Turn 8

Round 4 Turn 3 Nemo:

Nemo upkeeps Fail safe for free thanks to Caitlyn. Caitlyn attempts to shoo the LG but misses. Nemo moves up and casts Chain Lightining at one of the SBs bouncing it off him and hitting and additional 4 guys. The lightning kills Anastasia di Bray (thank god), Rutger Shaw, the Last GM of ATGM2, and the last PG.

A Stormcaller moves and kills the last LG. Arlan Power boosts the Ironclad who charges the Mangler but will be just out of melee range so he Tremors knocking down the Mangler and 2 SBs. The Stormclad moves up and shoots the Nomad for 7 damage to the 1. Eiryss snipers the Mangler just because (he'll be autonomous now that his 'Jack Marshall is dead).

Mercnars forces has nothing left to activate and we decide to reduce to normal turns from now on out.

My left Flank after the Round - Turn 8
    Only 1 image is shown due to forum restrictions, total images: 3 - [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]View Full Report[/url]

Turn 9

Last time rolling initative and he wins!

Round 5 Turn 1:

Ashlynn keeps her focus and the corrosion kills the Dwarf leaving 1 in the unit. The last 2 ATGM1 do an Arcane Inferno order and kill 2 of my ATGM. The last Dwarf charges Stryker but misses. Rhupert pipes Tough on the PKs rallying them.

The PK attack Rowdy again and leave him on 3 boxes. The Mangler Threshers and kills 1 SB. The Nomad kills 2 SB. Ashlynn finally kills the last SG and hits the SBC with Gallows for 4 damage.

Round 5 Turn 2:

Rhupert pipes Tough and Fearless on the SB again. I want the SBs out of the way so the Stormclad can charge into the Nomad so I move them and 2 die to Free strikes. The Defender puts a few more damage on the Nomad and the Hunter misses the Mangler.

Jr casts Arcane shield on Stryker. Gorman Acid bombs the last 2 ATGM1 members. My last ATGM runs to toe the forest. The Captain backs up to the flag. The Stormclad charges and wrecks the Mangler. Nemo shoots Ashlynn but behind the wall he misses.

Image omitted due to forum restrictions, total images: 5 - [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]View Full Report[/url]

Turn 10

Round 6 Turn 1:

Ashlynn attempts to assinate Nemo and hurts him for 4 hit points but leaves him with 7 left.

Round 6 Turn 2:

I decide to end this with Nemo because that's cool. Nemo Charges and hit Ashlynn for a few points but doesn't want to get hit with Riposte so he lets the Stormclad come over and wallop Ashlynn to death.

VICTORY TO THE REAL CYGNAR!!!

Image omitted due to forum restrictions, total images: 2 - [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]View Full Report[/url]

Artificer General Nemo! - Man of the Match

Nemo definitely did a ton of work during this battle. His Feat turn was devastating and his Lightning from spells and gun shots took out swaths of infantry.

Throwing away Kraye - BFU (Biggest F*** Up)

I think my opponent gave Kraye away a little too easily. I know he really cared about keeping Ashlynn safe but Kraye could've contributed a lot more in my opinion. I think he moved him a little too close to the front lines, with only small bases in front of him to screen, had my lightning not killed him then Ironclad could've trampled to get to him. I didn't mention the various CPs earned during the game because I forgot to write that down, but Kraye gave me 2 CPs and I was at 8 when I killed Ashlynn with the ability to just end my turn to get the final 2 I needed. Keeping Kraye alive and letting him contribute even though his only Jack had died could've changed things a little.

Final Summary

This game took FOREVER! But god was it fun! It took us about 6 hours including two 10 minute breaks and pauses for me to take notes since no one wanted to just sit there and take notes for me! It was really fun to play such a large game and my opponent and I both are still progressing as I've only been playing about 3 months, he's been in it for a while now, not sure how long.

The original report including all the images, user comments and stats can be found here [url=http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90]http://warmachine.battle.directory/battle-report/cygnar-vs-cygnar/view-full/90[/url]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cadian Shock Imperial Guard Blog - http://cadianshock.com