BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If winning contests is important to someone and they feel that its not fair that airbrushing takes half the time, then I would recommend to that person to take up airbrushing as well.

This is crazy... airbrushes are not cheating. Its a tool that takes time and effort to learn but has a great pay off later. Its also more expensive. Using this train of thought is like saying using the very good expensive brushes is cheating and only people who use those you can buy at Walmart or other non speciality store is "legit."

Whining that airbrushes are cheating is either the person being a brush snob or is unwilling to buy/learn an airbrush so they whine about others using it.

PS I do not own an airbrush... well I do but its this Testors piece of **** that is broke and never worked well in the first place.

It's just another "tool" in my hobby.

It's not cheating at all but just another technique. Easy to learn but hard to master. Bringing new tricks to paint my models like masking, templates and weathering with an airbrush. Most of my stuff is painting with a mixture of brush and airbrush. Just because it allows me to get an lovely smooth even coat of paint over my big models in minutes instead of hours isn't cheating. It's using the right tool for the job.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    It's just another "tool" in my hobby.

It's not cheating at all but just another technique. Easy to learn but hard to master. Bringing new tricks to paint my models like masking, templates and weathering with an airbrush. Most of my stuff is painting with a mixture of brush and airbrush. Just because it allows me to get an lovely smooth even coat of paint over my big models in minutes instead of hours isn't cheating. It's using the right tool for the job.
    Indeed Deadlift.

as for brushes, there are so many types of brush each type will do a different job as well, over the years I've used nylon which are the most common cheap basic brushes, sable which are mostly used in Watercolours, I've even used Pig hair brushs, which tend to be very coarse and are used for oils or thick acrylics and most stencilling brushes are made of this as well. so if I use all of those to do different things on a mini I'd also be cheating yes?

Seriously any person who considers the use of any tool to be cheating are only cheating themselves from getting the best looking miniatures they will have ever painted, on the Realm Of Chaos 80's blog, the owner has done a number of interviews with classic Games Workshop sculptors and painters, and they used to use lots of different products on their figures including fine art products, and many of them were considered the best in the world at that time, would you still consider that knowing they didn't use Games Workshops red because they thought at the time it was crap paint?
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
    id like to see the level of painting for anyone saying its not unfair to compare brush to airbrush. then id also like to see them spend 100 hours on a model then watch someone dot he same with an airbrush in less than half the time win a contest lol
    If you think airbrushing's so superior to using a paintbrush, then why aren't you using an airbrush?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    If you think airbrushing's so superior to using a paintbrush, then why aren't you using an airbrush?
    cus im too poor atm rofl. i 100 percent want to cheat but i want a good one and i dont have a good setup for it atm

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
    cus im too poor atm rofl. i 100 percent want to cheat but i want a good one and i dont have a good setup for it atm
    we really need a head shaking emoji...because seriously
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Why would a lumberjack try and cut down a tree with a pocketknife? Pocketknives have their uses, but so do axes.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Hate to say it, but BOLS just got trolled by the spikey bits guy.

He posts an inflammatory comment/content and then leaves because he's not an actual poster here, just a content provider.

He doesn't provide it for discussion, he provides it to generate hits on his site and moves on to post it elsewhere too.

That's being a troll since the content is nothing significant, just something to invoke nerd-rage amongst non-airbrush users.
    Last edited by lobster-overlord; 02-22-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123