BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Harlequin Prophecies

Not sure how many have been able to read the new Codex. But in the lore section there is this passage

At the very heart of the Black Library there lies a silver-lit vault. Therein stands a plinth made of finely graven obstinite, upon which rests a crystalline book said to contain the words of Cegorach himself.

Since the Fall, the tome’s covers have remained closed, sealed shut with flickering chains of light. Yet now, long-awaited portents have come to pass. A fallen sorcerer seeks the lore of the library. A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more. Within madness’ eye, the champion of the Ruinous Powers prepares to seize a realm long denied. As the signs have come to pass, so the bands of light about the tome have flickered and died.
    A fallen sorcerer seeks the lore of the library. This of course refers to Ahriman

A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more? Could this be the a sign that the Emperor of Man is readying to step off the throne?

Within madness’ eye, the champion of the Ruinous Powers prepares to seize a realm long denied. Could this be a tie in to 9th edition Fantasy?

The passage that really calls out to me is the King stirs in his court of death and silence. It has been forever sense the lore took any major steps ahead. Given the shake up a with Fantasy and end times I wonder if these are hints to the future. What do you think?

Brother-Sergeant

I believe the king refers to the Necrons. The champion of the ruinous powers is likely referring to Abaddon and his preparation and launching of the 13th Black Crusade (the 11th hour of the current cannon).
    Why is it the bad guys are always more interesting?

Sounds about right to me, Atrocity

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by malikjack View Post
    A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more? Could this be the a sign that the Emperor of Man is readying to step off the throne?
    It would be neat if it was the Em-po-po but I reckon it's just Lion'El.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chaplain

Good spot, all the same.
    End Times coming for 40K this Summer?

Emperor - defo the Emperor.

Maybe he's finally finished in the lavvy. That'll learn him to eat one of Russ' Victory Vindaloos after the Siege of Terra.

First words with his return? 'Poowoar. Sigilite mate, I'd give it a couple of milennia if I were you'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by malikjack View Post
    Not sure how many have been able to read the new Codex. But in the lore section there is this passage

A fallen sorcerer seeks the lore of the library. This of course refers to Ahriman

Within madness’ eye, the champion of the Ruinous Powers prepares to seize a realm long denied. Could this be a tie in to 9th edition Fantasy?

The passage that really calls out to me is the King stirs in his court of death and silence. It has been forever sense the lore took any major steps ahead. Given the shake up a with Fantasy and end times I wonder if these are hints to the future. What do you think?
    Sorcerer is definitely Ahriman

The King most likely refers to the Silent King of the Necrons

And the last is definitely Abaddon

Chapter-Master

A king in death and silence is probably referring to the silent king, of the necrons, seeing as the necrons are the 2nd kost hated enemy to the eldar, afterthe force of chaos

However this post/thread misses the most important parts of that section of the codex.

The next paragraph goes on to talk about how the book is now open. How it contains Cegorach lessons on how to defeat Slanesh. FOREVER. Not just banish demons but to permanently defeat the chaos god, and in defeating Slanesh how to save the entire eldar race. It contains the strands of fate that will guide the Eldar to victory at the Rhana Dandra, not extinction.

In terms off fluff shakeup and development, this is massive for an eldar player
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I'm thinking Guilliman myself.

"Within this edifice is the great marble throne of Roboute Guilliman, and upon that throne sits a regal corpse. Though the best part of 10,000 years have passed since his death,"

" it is believed by many pilgrims to his shrine that his wounds are healing, and that one day he will awaken again when the Imperium needs him most."

Not sure where the excerpts are from though (except a wiki page of course), but fits with what I recall of the story.

A fallen sorcerer seeks the lore of the library. - Ahriman

A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more. - This is the silent king. It's pretty much in his name, plus matches what's happening in neuron fluff. Not every thing is about the empire.

Within madness’ eye, the champion of the Ruinous Powers prepares to seize a realm long denied. - Abaddon and the 13th crusade

The book containing the path to defeat slaanesh by tricking he/she into helping the eldar is the most interesting piece of fluff I have seen from GW in a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast