BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I'm thinking Guilliman myself.

"Within this edifice is the great marble throne of Roboute Guilliman, and upon that throne sits a regal corpse. Though the best part of 10,000 years have passed since his death,"

" it is believed by many pilgrims to his shrine that his wounds are healing, and that one day he will awaken again when the Imperium needs him most."

Not sure where the excerpts are from though (except a wiki page of course), but fits with what I recall of the story.
    The issue being why would the Eldar have a prophesy referring to a human that is comparatively unimportant to them? Necrons and Chaos are the ancient enemies so they make sense; the Emperor is powerful enough to be a major player on the level of the gods. A non-psykic primach? Not so much.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Librarian

Ive been waiting for them to off the cadian plastic kits forever now... Cmon 'Baddon smash that gate

looks like they're making use of the daemonifuge storyline and the codex stern?

Quote Originally Posted by Trystis View Post
    A fallen sorcerer seeks the lore of the library. - Ahriman

A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more. - This is the silent king. It's pretty much in his name, plus matches what's happening in neuron fluff. Not every thing is about the empire.

Within madness’ eye, the champion of the Ruinous Powers prepares to seize a realm long denied. - Abaddon and the 13th crusade

The book containing the path to defeat slaanesh by tricking he/she into helping the eldar is the most interesting piece of fluff I have seen from GW in a while.
    The Silent King never went into Stasis, he left the galaxy to explore and think. It has got to be the Emperor, which could allow for Abaddon to take the Cadian Gate without destroying humanity's chances of fighting. And it would give them an excuse to turn Forge World into plastic, as the Emperor's return would be hilariously chaotic to all the infighting in the Imperium.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    A king in death and silence is probably referring to the silent king, of the necrons, seeing as the necrons are the 2nd kost hated enemy to the eldar, afterthe force of chaos
    It's kind of funny, because Necrons should be first given that the Eldar were created to fight the Necrons, but then with the Necrons in stasis, they got soft, ended up summoning a hedonism god, and now have to clean up the god their own hubris created... which puts him/her/it at the top of their list.

These quotes are from pages 36 and 37 of Nightbringer by Graham McNeill

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    The issue being why would the Eldar have a prophesy referring to a human that is comparatively unimportant to them? Necrons and Chaos are the ancient enemies so they make sense; the Emperor is powerful enough to be a major player on the level of the gods. A non-psykic primach? Not so much.
    Well,why not. Prophesy usually portends to events that are far future of a particular culture. And while humans may have been rooting around in the mud when this was written future sight is future sight if you know what I mean. As to why RG? Not sure really, just a hunch, probably wrong. Guilliman may not be important to the elder now, and maybe not cegorach either, but certainly if you had visions of Joe Schmoe the Sandwich Guy doing something particularly incredible you might write it down in your dream journal. I think mainly I just can't see GW bringing the Emp out of the box. It would be akin to saying the fearsome foursome get to play in the sandbox too!
    RG has a huge kingdom in Ultramar that could be a substantial threat to any would be Overlords. Even Horus was worried enough about him and his mob that he moved them as far from him as possible before he made his move. Being non-psychic shouldn't disqualify someone as a threat. After all, when you're playing at conquest, strength of arms and political savvy are keys to success and being pshyic is a bonus (a helluva good one too)!

Too, at the time of my original speculation, I had forgotten about the Necron Silent Slot-Machine so that was a miss on my part. Also as I recall, there was a brief bit of fluff somewhere that made it very clear that the crons knew about Robby the wonder monkey and had shown an interest for whatever reason. IIRC it even alluded, (as vaguely as possible), about his wounds healing or his arisal being soonish or something like that.

Like I said, just guess. I don't think I could make serious case for it really.

The king in death and silence is undoubtedly referring to the Silent King of the Necrons especially since the necrons are all beginning to wake up now and are ancient enemies of the Eldar.

In terms of plot and fluff, it advances nothing, but rather serves to confirm what we already know. It's no secret that Ahriman seeks the Black Library, the Silent King is planning to retake the galaxy, and Abaddon will launch a 13th Black Crusade. All of this is already known, other bits of fluff point to Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade as being a significant one, no surprise there.

The bit about the Laughing God knowing how to defeat Slaanesh once and for all is interesting though I assume that this just adds detail/builds on the bit of fluff that says the Eldar race will be reborn in a final climatic battle and birth of a new Eldar god, called Yanned or something like that, who will save them presumably by killing Slaanesh because until the Pleasure god is dead, all the Eldar are doomed essentially.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12