BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Red Planet Citadel Realm of Battle Board

After many months and not a small amount of disaster and repair I finally finished my red planet Citadel Realm of Battle Board.

Of course with quite a few rumours suggesting Ad-Mech are on the way hopefully we'll see more Red Planet boards cropping up.

In case you're interested the process was a texture spray first [which may have been a mistake as I'm not sure it stuck to the plastic as much as I'd hoped] then Red Oxide primer. Shadow washes with black emulsion, PVA and water. Then drybrushed highlights with cheap Vermilion art acrylic, then mixed with a 'Pumpkin' coloured Craft Acrylic for further highlights. Finally a splatter of Bonewhite for added detail.

The varnish was a nightmare - it failed and I had to go back to the shadow wash and re-highlight but the new Winsor & Newton varnish did the trick. Add in the Gale Force 9 yellow flock and the boards are done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090332.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	12868

You can see plenty more pictures of the finished article here: [url]http://40kaddict.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/terrain-is-everything-project-realm-of_23.html[/url]

There are loads of WiP blog posts here, should you feel inclined to see how it was done:

[url]http://40kaddict.blogspot.co.uk/p/tutorials.html[/url]

Brother-Captain

Really nice looking board there dwez. Might have to "borrow" that scheme when I eventually get around to buying an RoB board, would go well with the Gale Force 9 badlands scenery.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!