BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 28mm Ancient Chinese Warring States historical and fantasy miniature Kickstarter

March 23, 2015 Update

Kickstarter is now LIVE!!!! [URL]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104924145/28mm-ancient-chinese-warring-states-qin-dynasty-mi[/URL]

We are four days away from our Kickstarter (Monday, March 23 at 12pm EST) and we have been hard at work trying to finish up our Cavalry and add some more concept art so you can visualize each of our Stretch Goals. We placed some new pictures of our digital sculpts for the four different cavalry variants and added some new art for war machines and support heroes. Check out our pictures on our website or Facebook page.

For more information check out

[URL]https://watchfulistudio.wordpress.com/[/URL]

[URL]https://www.facebook.com/watchfulistudio[/URL]

Be sure to Like us on Facebook as it will have a direct impact on the types of freebies we give away during our Kickstarter.

The Warring States range will include the core elements of an ancient Chinese army including infantry equipped with a wide range of weaponry, light and heavy chariots, various types of cavalry and the officers to lead them. Building on top of the core range will be two more launches including a fantasy element and support troops such as animated Terracotta warriors, dragons, undead warriors, exorcists, war engines, siege bows, shield-bearers, and war drums to name a few.

Product Briefing

Range: Warring States / Qin Dynasty (475 – 206 B.C.)
    Wave 1: Core Product allowing players to build the mainstay of Chinese armies
    1. General including various head and arm options
    2. Infantry including unarmored, light, and heavy infantry with head and weapon options
    3. Chariots including light, heavy and officer’s chariots
    4. Cavalry including light, heavy and nomadic cavalry
    Historical Origin: China
    Scale: 28mm
    Casting Material: Metal (Plastic depending on Kickstarter results)
    Manufactured in the USA

Wave 2: Fantasy Product Range as a possible supplement opened up in the Stretch Goals portion of the Kickstarter
    1. Fu Dogs
    2. Terracotta Soldiers
    3. Fangshi Exorcist
    4. Undead
    5. Hu-Hsien
    6. Fangshi Necromancer
    7. Dragon
    Historical Origin: China
    Scale: 28mm
    Casting Material: Metal
    Manufactured in the USA

No force would not be complete without the myriad of war machines and support options that make fielding armies unique. Adding a variety of support choices can turn your standard army into a potent offensive force or a immovable solid stone wall. The army support options maintain a more historical feel to the army and may be included in both historical and fantasy games.

Wave 3: Army Support Product Range as a possible supplement opened up in the Stretch Goals portion of the Kickstarter
    1. Shieldbearers
    2. Alternate poses for archers and crossbowmen and repeating crossbowmen
    3. Giant crossbows
    4. War Drums
    5. Siege bows
    6. Catapults
    7. Additional heroes
    Origin: China Scale: 28mm
    Casting Material: Metal

Watchful I Studio was created as a gaming company back in May of 2014 and will be producing all types of miniatures, card games, board games, and other gaming accessories for both the historical and fantasy markets. Their first product range will be 28mm historical and fantasy miniatures focusing on the Chinese Warring States and Qin Dynasty period. The company will be embarking on their initial Kickstarter launching Monday, March 23rd at 12pm EST.
    Last edited by Joe Krone; 03-23-2015 at 10:22 AM.

I've been looking forward to this. However I'm looking for rules, reflecting the famous formations of this period, as well as character models like Zhuge Liang and how his rules in turn benefit your army.

Quote Originally Posted by desert_hack View Post
    I've been looking forward to this. However I'm looking for rules, reflecting the famous formations of this period, as well as character models like Zhuge Liang and how his rules in turn benefit your army.
    Eh sorry ignore me. I thought this was three kingdoms

I'm really looking forward to this. I started you a KS page on Reaper miniatures forums. I personally think you should put a couple fantasy options in the first wave. Here is why... I think you'll find that you'll sell more to fantasy and rpg games than you will historical gamers. But at the end of the day the ideal thing would be to have both. Im my experience Kickstarters with mixed factions at the start and mixes throught the stretch goals do much better than ones that have one faction as wave 1 and the the next faction is a stretch goal.

Maybe put the Foo Dogs and Kitsune characters in Wave one. I think most people want a nicely mixed line, but I think embracing the fantasy people early and mixing the lines will draw interest from both sides early. Also, by mixing them you won't disappoint historical gamers when the stretch goals are fantasy.

Hello everyone and good morning. With 3 days before our Kickstarter launch we would like to have your input regarding the presentation of our Kickstarter. Please feel free to follow the link and take a look. You are able to post comments directly on the Kickstarter so please be constructive and we will take every comment seriously. We may not be able to accommodate every wish but we will try our best. Finally, please keep in mind that you are not seeing the final presentation as we are waiting on some last minute additions for the cavalry sculpts and new concept art. Please enjoy looking at our range and let's have some fun with this project.

[url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104924145/1533907520?token=72c21473[/url]

The Kickstarter is now LIVE!!!!!
    [URL]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104924145/28mm-ancient-chinese-warring-states-qin-dynasty-mi[/URL]

The first two miniatures painted for my new product range. Kickstarter is live if you want in on the action.

[url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104924145/28mm-ancient-chinese-warring-states-qin-dynasty-mi[/url]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Light Infantry w label.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	13335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skirmisher w label.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	13336