BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Yes, they are annoying. I am a big fan of the fluff so its always troubling to see a paint scheme totally unsupported by the fluff. Custom Space Marine chapters with accurate fluff support can be very cool and enjoyable to play against as one basically only sees First Founding chapters running around these days.

However, I would think, if you don't like red, then get a new force. I have a Crimson Fists force and part of what makes them so enjoyable to paint, play with, and read about is their paint scheme. It would seem a bit odd to run against a force of Crimson Fists that has purple armour. Not a different chapter, just purple Crimson Fists. Or blue Blood Angels, for example. Why not choose a force with a scheme you like instead of making one that doesn't fit?

For example, what about a force of Khorne Berzerkers that has sworn allegiance to Abaddon and painted themselves in Black Legion colors, with perhaps only one shoulder pad painted red. Such a force is totally sanctioned by the fluff and easily fits in, making a cool back story.

Or perhaps look to the Chaos Renegade warbands. They are numerous and are formed from Traitor Marines all over the galaxy and could literally be any color scheme.

They are your models so you can do whatever you want with them, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Of course the worst models are the unpainted ones. So just by painting them, they will be better than most other models out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Seconded. That's why everything I play with is basecoated.
    i have brown basecoat {red oxide}, grey base coat {zinc primer}, black base coat - even blue and white basecoat
    and some are just shiny

painting is for artists. id rather play

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by onlyonepinman View Post
    Does WYSIWYG extend to colour schemes?
    The only time I've ever seen a color enforced is the "red makes them go faster" rule for orks. And even then, I've seen it played that "for this army, the special color is yellow" which makes sense too.

I'm with the general consensus, go with what you like for your army.

John M>

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yep.

About the only thing I wouldn't countenance for my own paint scheme is Astartes in camo painted armour.
    Except Raptors, who are all about the camo.
    - Ezaviel
    Laudate imperatorem.

As long as the models accurately represent what they are (Berserkers are beserkers models, plague marines are plague marine models etc), then who cares what the paint job looks like. (personally I wouldn't care if the models were correct either, but that's just me).

What would be neat to see though- take a squad and paint each member of it a different scheme. hell, maybe even paint the different pieces of armor different colors, ("Damn, my greaves are trashed. Oh look! A new pair just sitting here. So they're blue, so what!? Now just to get 'em off this corpse...") battle field scrounging never hurts when your Chaos Visa card is expired!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris22 View Post
    Yes, they are annoying. I am a big fan of the fluff so its always troubling to see a paint scheme totally unsupported by the fluff.
    Troubling? #firstworldproblems

However, I would think, if you don't like red, then get a new force. .
    But what if I like Green AND I like the Khorne models? Am I only allowed one or the other?

They are your models so you can do whatever you want with them, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
    This is pretty much the long and short of it. They're his models to paint in any way he chooses, irrespective of what the rest of the world might think.

Yes, they are annoying. I am a big fan of the fluff so its always troubling to see a paint scheme totally unsupported by the fluff.
    Despite all of the positive, "paint them as you like" comments, it's the few comments like this make me want to stick the codex schemes.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Despite all of the positive, "paint them as you like" comments, it's the few comments like this make me want to stick the codex schemes.
    At the end it is your army. Doesnt matter what anyone thinks about your colors.
    Hell there are people without any painted armies or models that look like they have accidently fallen in a bucket of car paint.
    Do as you please.

[url]http://aesopfables.com/cgi/aesop1.cgi?3&TheMantheBoyandtheDonkey[/url]

Do what pleases YOU and let others be pleased by it, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyonepinman View Post
    [url]http://aesopfables.com/cgi/aesop1.cgi?3&TheMantheBoyandtheDonkey[/url]

Do what pleases YOU and let others be pleased by it, or not.
    EXACTLY! I couldn't agree more with this! I'm a big fan of the fluff too, but not one single model I have ever painted has been according to someone else's scheme. I may use cues from the color palette, buts that's about it. Your models, your time, your hobby!
    na na na na na... wut?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast