BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Do non-fluff painted models bother you?

I'm thinking about succumbing to heresy and starting the Kharn's Butcher Hoard list from Crimson Slaughter. My problem is, I already play a couple of armies that are painted mostly red and I don't want to keep painting shades of crimson on another couple dozen troops.

With Khorn models, the fluff clearly states that the devotees of the Blood God wear blood red and brass. However, I kind of want to paint my models green... and I keep thinking that I'll catch flack for painting my angry guys like the diseased guys. (My back story would include heretic Salamanders.)

Does it bother anyone else playing opponents with off-colored models? Especially when green typically means one set of rules and red means another? Should I give in and just paint my models however I want?
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

No, I can't see how anyone could be bothered by this unless they seriously have a stick up their butt. Green khorne? cool, that's different! different is better than seeing the same boring stuff over and over.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 02-25-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

First-Captain

Painting zerkers green because you want to is worlds apart from using the rules you want with the models you have, which is usually where the problem lies for most people

Chapter-Master

I would have a problem with you painting anything a generic colour so it comes out as Dark Blood Grey Wolf Templar Marines according to which codex is in power.

As to different coloured Khorne, if you look in Slaves to Darkness a significant amount of the Traitor Legionnaires have black as the majority with red/gold trim. Bearing in mind also other legions would have MoK without going red, so Iron Warriors, Night Lords etc.

Green Khorne, I would be worried about and I hate cheesy back stories that make little sense (personal opinion) I would rather you said 'I can't be arsed to paint red' - but I would still play it.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

First-Captain

yeah I wouldn't mind it either as long as it's not just lazy on the person's part - as in something like Denzark mentioned. As long as you've got a reason, be it not wanting to paint your umpteenth red army or some special back story (ideally represented with some cool conversions! *hinthint*)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Green Khorne, I would be worried about and I hate cheesy back stories that make little sense (personal opinion) I would rather you said 'I can't be arsed to paint red' - but I would still play it.
    What if they were dedicated to getting Ork Skulls so they are covered in green Ork blood?

Or they are especially dedicated to wiping out Vulcans and Romulans?

My Black Templar Marines? They are brown with turquoisish blue on them.

Brother-Sergeant

I would rather see 100 armies painted uniquely than 100 armies painted how someone tells you to paint them.

Paint them however you want, and use them however you want.

It's idiotic to be bound to a particular army/chapter tactics because you've painted them that way. Rather, it's idiotic to expect others to play that way. Play and paint however YOU see fit.

First-Captain

my advice would be this:

If you are using the Kharne Figure and using his rules, then paint him how he's supposed to be painted, but use the main armies colour as a spot colour to help tie him into the main army.

- - - Updated - - -

as to wether I would play against such an army, as long as it's a legal army (Bound or Unbound, no dodgy points stat changes on the sly etc) and it's a painted army with no proxies, heck I would play against it.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    What if they were dedicated to getting Ork Skulls so they are covered in green Ork blood?
    Ork blood is red, there was an Index Xenos article or similar on it back in the day.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast