BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tiny Yellow Men

Brother-Captain

Not recently, no. The last time was in the very first Lowlands Painting Competition from GW. That must have been 2009 I think. Got 2nd place in the large model category with that large Forgeworld Marine of mine.
    Actually I have no idea if there are army competitions in Belgium.
    Last edited by Meph; 10-27-2015 at 09:11 AM.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

I take it that the GW stores in Belgium also have armies on Parade?

I have been following your blogs for a bit as well.

Brother-Captain

Cheers, mate!

Hmm there is a GW in Brussels, and Antwerp. Not where I live though, in Leuven. Could be worth checking out, seeing as even Antwerp is only a 45-50-minute drive.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Hello Splatter Paint,

those are some awesome looking Imperial Fists!

The weathered look is very cool, I've been reading a variety of sources on how to do weathering/chipped effects for my Imperial Guard. Found a wide range of methods that can give many different results.

May I ask what technique/tools you used to produce that effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter Paint View Post
    Ladies and gents, with pride, I present to you, my entry for Armies on Parade:

Attachment 16122

Attachment 16123
    Hi, excuse how did you painted those buildings? Would you share with me the color recipee? It would be perfect for Rhino tank interiors!
    Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxos232 View Post
    Hello Splatter Paint,

those are some awesome looking Imperial Fists!

The weathered look is very cool, I've been reading a variety of sources on how to do weathering/chipped effects for my Imperial Guard. Found a wide range of methods that can give many different results.

May I ask what technique/tools you used to produce that effect?
    Thank you for your kind words Daxos.

The technique I used to create the weathering is surprisingly simple. Once the models are all painted up, but before I apply the OSL, I take a small piece of blister sponge and use the old GW foundation paint "Charadon Granite" and lightly dab the model with the sponge, applying this colour moderatly and randomly, making sure the legs are a bit more covered, as they would attract more dirt and dust then the rest of the armour.

If you'd like, I could always take a few step by step pictures next time I weather a batch of models ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pitaya View Post
    Hi, excuse how did you painted those buildings? Would you share with me the color recipee? It would be perfect for Rhino tank interiors!
    Thank you for your time.
    Of course Pitaya ^^ The models were basecoated in the GW colour Zhandri Dust with a little bit of Karak Stone mixed in. After that has dried, I drybrushed the buildings with Terminatus Stone, from the GW Dry range. Easy as 1 2 3 ^^

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter Paint View Post
    Thank you for your kind words Daxos.

The technique I used to create the weathering is surprisingly simple. Once the models are all painted up, but before I apply the OSL, I take a small piece of blister sponge and use the old GW foundation paint "Charadon Granite" and lightly dab the model with the sponge, applying this colour moderatly and randomly, making sure the legs are a bit more covered, as they would attract more dirt and dust then the rest of the armour.

If you'd like, I could always take a few step by step pictures next time I weather a batch of models ^^

Of course Pitaya ^^ The models were basecoated in the GW colour Zhandri Dust with a little bit of Karak Stone mixed in. After that has dried, I drybrushed the buildings with Terminatus Stone, from the GW Dry range. Easy as 1 2 3 ^^
    You are amazing!!! I will show you pics of the end result once it's done!
    CHeers!!!

Enough resting on my laurels.

I'll be participating in Caledonian Uprising in January, so more has to be painted. After a disastrous ETC performance with my drop pods, I've revamped the list to include the Skyhammer formation.

So, after a little airbrush session:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fists1.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	16400

Name:	Fists2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	16401

Name:	Fists3.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	16402

And I may or may not have ordered a box of Calth.... or 2.... or... 3.

More Knights! These 2 were done as part of an ongoing commission for a club member.

Name:	Malcolm 1.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	17749

Name:	Malcolm 2.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	17750

Name:	William 1.jpg