BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

As i said, personal taste. I still remain adamant thats GW should produce the "turd of nurgle" give it 10s for every stat and a 2+ ++ troop choice and cost it at 1pt. This model must be just a turd in appearance nothing more nothing less. I reckon it would sell out and be at every tournament.
    It would say an awful lot about an awful lot.

the eldar list that came third - looks interesting - but i thought the IC with highest leadership had to be warlord ?

What makes you think so?
    Every model can be WL, it just have to be a (C). If you don't have any (C) in your army, you can nominate any model to be your WL, but you do not get WL traits.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored
    I'm getting pretty jaded of people taking specific lines and not reading the whole of the article.
    Then you should probably not read comments. I'm not going to spend 30 minutes commenting on someone's rambling when it has nothing really to do with their point.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Honestly, I'm a bit appalled at some of the lists. I weep for the number of dollars spent on Imperial Knights and Sicaran tanks and Fire Raptors. Even Chaos lists had them.

I mean, I'm not a competitive player to begin with, but seeing that... it makes me just cry inside. The only thing that makes me happy out of all of this is that all those Knights didn't even win.
    So you're sad that people bought beautiful models and enjoyed playing with them? How sad that someone else's pleasure makes you cry inside.

Great article. Unfortunately the actual problems in 40k are still there. Codices are not equal or even semi close to it and CC is dead unless you play eldar or necron lists. Unless these are corrected, no amount of skill will make a useless unit good. The lictorshame list works because there are many of those. The real comparison can be done only by putting things on equal footing before comparing. This means that each codex only gets one foc to play with and only their codex to choose units from. If after that there is a good balance, then we can say there is one.

Make no mistake, as long as the tau, eldar, daemons and now necrons are so far above the level of other codices, there is no balance between factions. As long as there are things like maleceptors and war talons, there is no internal balance within a faction. No balance means that the game is unplayable.

This not about skill or net lists. It's about GW not doing it's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    the eldar list that came third - looks interesting - but i thought the IC with highest leadership had to be warlord ?
    Old rule. You can nominate a squad sergeant to be your "Warlord" if you want but typically it's a model likely to survive the battle and not concede warlord kill victory points.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

I'll make this short. The message here was essentially "LTP noob" and "be a list hipster". Compare DA to eldar and see how relevant learning to play and not following net lists actually is.

Agreed about FW. Definitely not nearly as scary though I do plan on addressing both bigger kits and FW inclusion on another post where I admit their balance, but talk about the cons of including them in competitive play. (e.g. creating perceived wealth gaps in an already cost prohibitive hobby, allowing the possibility of one player cheating another to increase when their opponent is ignorant of their unit's rules, etc.) We'll see what it looks like when I finally sit down to write it and after the whole editing process. I hardly edited this one, can you tell? :P

Quote Originally Posted by shiwan8 View Post
    Great article. Unfortunately the actual problems in 40k are still there. Codices are not equal or even semi close to it and CC is dead unless you play eldar or necron lists. Unless these are corrected, no amount of skill will make a useless unit good. The lictorshame list works because there are many of those. The real comparison can be done only by putting things on equal footing before comparing. This means that each codex only gets one foc to play with and only their codex to choose units from. If after that there is a good balance, then we can say there is one.

Make no mistake, as long as the tau, eldar, daemons and now necrons are so far above the level of other codices, there is no balance between factions. As long as there are things like maleceptors and war talons, there is no internal balance within a faction. No balance means that the game is unplayable.

This not about skill or net lists. It's about GW not doing it's job.
    I love how of the top armies you list, none of them won the LVO, and at least 2 didn't break the top 8, and Eldar only had one list in top 8. LVO, along with the other tournaments have proven that eldar and tau are not busted the way bad players keep saying they are. Good, yes, but not a level above everything else.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    p124 of the rulebook. Your Warlord must be a Character model (unless your army does not have any). It doesn't mention Ld or even Independant Character.
    Seems like you could just make a Tactical Squad Sergeant your Warlord even if you have HQ choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    I love how of the top armies you list, none of them won the LVO, and at least 2 didn't break the top 8, and Eldar only had one list in top 8. LVO, along with the other tournaments have proven that eldar and tau are not busted the way bad players keep saying they are. Good, yes, but not a level above everything else.
    ^ This!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast