BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

The serpent spam thing is a joke really. Its tough to play against but the ones who usually are so unimaginative that they go on the internet to make their lists don't have the higher-thought capacity to actually put that kind of list to good use. Getting up close and tapping the back of the WS with a krak grenade or two always works best - something that is really easy to do when your dumb opponent just parks them on the back edge and thinks he's going to shoot down anything that comes hunting it.

My favorite Eldar lists right now are ghostlists with wraithguard and wraithblades.

It goes kinda like this.

(Not using Iyanden sup either)
    Spiritseer
    Farseer on foot
    10x WG with cannons
    10x WB's with axes and shields
    5x WG with scythes in a Serpent w/HFs and Ghostwalk.
    1 Hemlock (Because I love how everyone basically ignores it because the internet says its bad)
    1 WK stock
    2 WL's with swords and BL's.

Now the internet will tell you that this list is terribad. The internet is full of sh!t. This list is incredibly tough (with only two models with a toughness less than 6) and hits very very hard. Even bullet shot out of this army is AP2. Don't forget to spirit mark stuff. It really makes a difference.

This army's crowning glory was obliterating a 3 knight list. Oh how glorious that was.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Now the internet will tell you that this list is terribad. The internet is full of sh!t. This list is incredibly tough (with only two models with a toughness less than 6) and hits very very hard. Even bullet shot out of this army is AP2. Don't forget to spirit mark stuff. It really makes a difference.
    When will some people understand that this is meta dependent and is more a general guidleline than fixed rules.
    I run in a Ig heavy meta. This list would get obliterated by turn 2 no matter wat you do. The few AP2 shots would do **** to 40 fearless conscripts which in turn shield tanks that give a **** about your T6 and 3+
    On the other hand if you face a lot of elite armies (like GK, Imperial Knights,..) Wraithconstructs are absurdly good.

This army's crowning glory was obliterating a 3 knight list. Oh how glorious that was.
    This is exactly what I mean. This list is an absolut no-brainer against any knight list. Beating 3 Knights with this is as glorious as stealing candy from a baby.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm of the belief that any army can beat any army with any number of builds. I've won a large number of games against a variety of opponents using a variety of builds. In fact, the only reason I keep up with popular builds, is to know what to stay away from. I think people spend to much time and effert trying to min/max their army, and not enough time understanding tactics.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    When will some people understand that this is meta dependent and is more a general guidleline than fixed rules.
    I run in a Ig heavy meta. This list would get obliterated by turn 2 no matter wat you do. The few AP2 shots would do **** to 40 fearless conscripts which in turn shield tanks that give a **** about your T6 and 3+
    On the other hand if you face a lot of elite armies (like GK, Imperial Knights,..) Wraithconstructs are absurdly good.

This is exactly what I mean. This list is an absolut no-brainer against any knight list. Beating 3 Knights with this is as glorious as stealing candy from a baby.
    I really don't care about "local meta". I'll show up anywhere with that list and have a good time and have a good accounting of myself. I love people who think they can play 40k on paper just by comparing lists. Go play Dungeons and Dragons if you like to play your games on paper.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Im sorry if the game is rocket science to you

Yup, Wraith lists are completely absurd vs. a lot of the meta in a good way.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

7th edition favours high T units and boots on the ground. does anyone else remember 'Tritactics' ?

eldar armies are all awesome as scissors or paper - but struggle to be rock !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12