BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Easy Necromundia Shipping Containers

Somewhere along the line i acquired a box of Necrumundia Bulkheads. They've just been kind of sitting for inspiration to take over. Then it hit me, the ends look kind of like shipping crates doors, so i grabbed some plasticard and went to work.

I used 1.5 mm plasticard, and it takes about a sheet per container. I used some corner angle styrene to help keep the edges in place. It takes about 15 minutes to build each one. I could have used corigated side bits, but i plan to score the card and use a panel scriber to add detail instead.

these could also have been made with cardboard, but i wanted them to be a bit sturdier. I also added the I beams so they could interlock when you stack them.

I have molds of various bits, containers, crates and such that i'll use for the interiors.

The roof has been left unglued so i can look inside them if we want, i may also add LEDs to the interior at some point, because it's cool to actually be able to look inside.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nkismrLUXR1rnty4wo1_1280.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	12993  
    Last edited by Colin Graham; 03-01-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Pretty darn cool

Battle-Brother

I dig these. Now they just need a little bit of detailing and some paint!

Those are some amazing WH 40k Friendly crates and shipping containers o.o id love some crates like those when i get my table built

Very nice you can easily make a sort of kill team complex with them
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

That's awesome! I've got some spare bulkheads laying around that are going to get repurposed!
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com