Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 23.53%
  • No

13 76.47%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    Something that may attract more people is advertising them to bring their 40k marines into a 30k game. Not very many people have a full army of the FW armour sets, and probably do to price(the books are pricey too), won't invest heavily into it. This may bring the ire of people who bought and invested in FW mini's however, so that is something to consider.

If Forgeworld were more accessible as in LGS's can stock them, the price comes down on the Mini's/Rulebooks, and Forgeworld can finish making all the legions(rules and models), then a 30k tourney could compete with 40k.
    I certainly don't want 30k to compete with 40k in any respect, i'd prefer it to be a smaller tournament scene with a more fluffy less WAAC theme. 40k should be there to keep its base of players, and leave 30k to the hobby nuts who buy their armies to fit the story of the HH FW books.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    I certainly don't want 30k to compete with 40k in any respect, i'd prefer it to be a smaller tournament scene with a more fluffy less WAAC theme. 40k should be there to keep its base of players, and leave 30k to the hobby nuts who buy their armies to fit the story of the HH FW books.
    Why don't you organize one yourself then?
    Last edited by Charon; 03-03-2015 at 02:37 PM.

I live in Mid sussex, it is the black hole of wargaming, always has been.
    Few stores, fewer clubs. Strange because its such an afluent region of blighty, but there it is.
    The tournament scenes tend to be in the west country and midlands with a smattering in london.
    Tournament organising is far more viable in those areas and living near to an event you organise is more practical.
    Id love my region to be more filled with wargamers.
    Brighton couldnt sustain a medium sized store because of lack of attendance and it is the biggest city by far in the area.

Presumably they're all off playing polo and other such rich-people games. What need have they for Knights of the Realm when they have their own horses?

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    I live in Mid sussex, it is the black hole of wargaming, always has been.
    Few stores, fewer clubs. Strange because its such an afluent region of blighty, but there it is.
    The tournament scenes tend to be in the west country and midlands with a smattering in london.
    Tournament organising is far more viable in those areas and living near to an event you organise is more practical.
    Id love my region to be more filled with wargamers.
    Brighton couldnt sustain a medium sized store because of lack of attendance and it is the biggest city by far in the area.
    Then why worry about the tournament scene at all?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Does that really matter?

FW HH rules are considered by many to be better written and more balanced, so should be much better for competitive play, and don't forget that GW proper is soon to be getting in on it as well so a few token xeno may find a way in.

Tourneys players say they want a better rule set, they have one in 30K, so they can stop complaining now and collect a new army.
    ??? I don't think so. They still operate under the general 40K rules. The army lists may be more balanced against each other, but then so is taking Codex: Space Marines versus Codex: Space Marines.

Might as well call it the Feast of Blades* and be done with it.

* Not referring to the actual Feast of Blades tournament event, but rather the Imperial Fist get together to see who is the best duelist, and it's all Marine, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Then why worry about the tournament scene at all?
    Because id travel to play, not to organize. Id organize if there were a group in my local of any size, but there isnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Presumably they're all off playing polo and other such rich-people games. What need have they for Knights of the Realm when they have their own horses?
    Probably lol. Jolly bloody hockey sticks to the lot of em!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    ??? I don't think so. They still operate under the general 40K rules. The army lists may be more balanced against each other, but then so is taking Codex: Space Marines versus Codex: Space Marines.

Might as well call it the Feast of Blades* and be done with it.

* Not referring to the actual Feast of Blades tournament event, but rather the Imperial Fist get together to see who is the best duelist, and it's all Marine, all the time.
    There is far more variety in the HH FW books than codpiece space maureens, also all the 30k players ive spoken with are all about the story not like a lot of 40k players so it becomes a narrative game. Thus for us it isnt as boring as SM v SM 40k games.

Thus for us it isnt as boring as SM v SM 40k games.
    Thats fine for the 3 of you

Battle-Brother

if there were 30k in plastic i could support this idea, also if there were any gamers where i live then i'd also be more likely to support the idea, since i have neither of those conditions met (nor likely will. ever) i'd have to say what i voted: and that is a straight up Nawww. beside 40k is still a better game from a model makers perspective, *converting/kitbashing*

Quote Originally Posted by Orkimedes1000 View Post
    beside 40k is still a better game from a model makers perspective, *converting/kitbashing*
    That's an entirely inaccurate statement. 30k is just as varied in the kitbashing and converting front as 40k. Anyone can convert or kitbash what they please with any range of models they like. People are probably more likely to do these things if the official models are more expensive, as it saves cash. FW jetbikes anyone? Or make your own from 40k bike kits? Ive seen this alot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast