Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 23.53%
  • No

13 76.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where are the 30K touneys

Where are the BoLS mentions of 30K tourneys?

Most reviews I have read have 30K as more balanced and having a tighter rule set, so why hasn't the tourney scene ran with 30K instead of bemoaning balance in 40K?

Thoughts?

Yey Space Marines vs Space Marines.... so interesting... not like 40k already has too much Space Marines

First-Captain

Each legion works pretty differently, while the core is "space marines" there is a lot more to it, mechanicum, Solar Auxillia and Knight Households so far all have their own army lists and each legion has several different ways of emphsising how they fight ruleswise.

If you want a more balanced game, you need to expect fewer options

Chapter-Master

Not many people actually play 30k. There was a 30k event at the lvo, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

As mentioned above, I don't think there are enough people out there with 30k armies to warrant a tournie.

I don't know how exciting a tournament would be with all space marines facing off. And since you don't have unique armies for all the chapters yet, I think the mix would be even less at a tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Yey Space Marines vs Space Marines.... so interesting... not like 40k already has too much Space Marines
    Pretty much this. Might as well just see which mon-keigh can belch "For the Emperor" the loudest.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    When it comes to cheese and competitive players, I don't think many competitive players would really care. So many of them change their army, bandwagon, and jump to different metas so frequently anyway. I'm sure it being Space Marines vs Space Marines would actually save many tourney players a lot of money.

I'd be up for a 30k tournie, the whole idea and everything appeals to me far more.
    I feel that they would have to be 2 day events of 2 battles a day tho, as the points would have to be higher to allow legion sized squads to be included. Sticking to the selections of FoC's that are in the books would be better also, rather than 1 hq 2 trp 1 LoW spam again and again etc.
    Possibly not the multiple LoW org tho lol

Librarian

Something that may attract more people is advertising them to bring their 40k marines into a 30k game. Not very many people have a full army of the FW armour sets, and probably do to price(the books are pricey too), won't invest heavily into it. This may bring the ire of people who bought and invested in FW mini's however, so that is something to consider.

If Forgeworld were more accessible as in LGS's can stock them, the price comes down on the Mini's/Rulebooks, and Forgeworld can finish making all the legions(rules and models), then a 30k tourney could compete with 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    As mentioned above, I don't think there are enough people out there with 30k armies to warrant a tournie.

I don't know how exciting a tournament would be with all space marines facing off. And since you don't have unique armies for all the chapters yet, I think the mix would be even less at a tournament.
    Does that really matter?

FW HH rules are considered by many to be better written and more balanced, so should be much better for competitive play, and don't forget that GW proper is soon to be getting in on it as well so a few token xeno may find a way in.

Tourneys players say they want a better rule set, they have one in 30K, so they can stop complaining now and collect a new army.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast