BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Forgeworld Wave Serpent

I went to Forgeworld to check out how much their Wave Serpent is (I like the look so much more). The only thing I could find is one turret mounted weapon. Have they stopped selling them, or is this only temporary?

They never actually sold them. Even the complete kit was a GW serpent with the FW turret.

Actually better that way as you can use the FW turrets on Falcon and Fire Prism/Night Spinner hulls and swith between your builds.

Actually theirs was the first produced version from GW and was a conversion kit for the Falcon (Armorcast did one under license for a while, but it was just a copy of the old Epic version and looked like crap IYAM). The FW kit was basically the extended crew compartment, the turrets (all weapon variants were available) the center shield projector and the wing mounted projectors. I bought a couple a long time ago for my own Eldar army. Basically the plastic kit copied the extended hull, but made it's own wing mounts and turret and dropped the center piece. Later FW stopped selling theirs, but they did still offer the turrets since they were fairly popular. IMO the FW one looked way better than the current model.

Here's a pic of the original kit:

Cheers, Gary
    Last edited by silashand; 03-03-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post

Here's a pic of the original kit:

Cheers, Gary
    I want one of these...

Well if anyone knows somebody selling them (I am assuming they would be used, and that's OK), I would really like to know about it. I would prefer it if FW sold just the conversion kit, but I'll take the whole kit if necessary.

Hehe I bought 2 of these kits back in the day. Still use 'em..

Best bet to find these nowadays is eBay, though I haven't seen any for sale in a while. I thought about someday popping the projectors off one of mine and casting some more up since I hate the plastic model. Haven't gotten around to it though and who knows when I might...