BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Bastion & Aquila Shrine Had Twins! Soon to be Quadruplets

Ok so I thought the single Bastion was a bit wussy and wanted to build something a bit more impressive whilst at the same time use the gorgeous Aquila kit. I've always wanted to build a castle of some sort, so here is the WIP. The first pair of 4 3 bastion high towers with a 4 faced Aquila and 5 bastion high equiv tower in the center connected using CoD floors as bridges or some other thing.

Alternative is to scrap the L shape and have just the towers, build a 5 x 5 Bastion base (using only the base and ramparts) and put the 5 towers in a + formation in the center with a single full bastion at each corner of the 5 x 5.

But as far as the towers are concerned, should I extend the top of the ramparts over the shrine piece to recover that lost half inch of real estate (want to mount a Basilisk on top of each tower) and/or extend the piece outwards to where the Bastion's gunports would be and plasticard up the sides and base?

They're obviously WIP, not everything glued and the pieces need more plastic surgery to fit properly.

[URL=http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/af353/tommysixfour/?action=view&current=IMG_0177.jpg][/URL] [URL=http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/af353/tommysixfour/?action=view&current=IMG_0176.jpg][/URL]
    Last edited by The Plastic Surgeon; 08-04-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Banned

That's really really awesome - will you be doing stained glass for the windows?

Quote Originally Posted by The Plastic Surgeon View Post
    But as far as the towers are concerned, I should I extend the top of the ramparts over the shrine piece to recover that lost half inch of real estate (want to mount a Basilisk on top of each tower) and/or extend the piece outwards to where the Bastion's gunports would be and plasticard up the sides and base?
    I would vote yes to this. looming ramparts feel very 40k! Very cool terrain by the way.

i see no pics?

Brother-Sergeant

Stained glass? Hmmm maybe not for this one, I'm still trying to figure out what to put in them as this is meant to be a Bastion afterall, so glass isn't very tough. But then again neither is a cathedral wall! I want to give it a more fortified look, as though the Imperials had landed and perhaps salvaged a big shrine and forified it with refab Bastion component?

Also, where should I put the landing pad? Remembering that I want 4 of these and a fifth one using the 4 x Aquila pieces that is one level taller. I should do a sketch of what I'm talking about!

Stay tuned!

Oh and looming rampart it is!

Chaplain

Are there supposed to be pictures in here somewhere?

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

That would be an affirmative. There are meant to be two big pictures. What are you seeing instead?

Ok fixed with Photobucket!
    Last edited by The Plastic Surgeon; 08-04-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Plastic Surgeon View Post
    That would be an affirmative. There are meant to be two big pictures. What are you seeing instead?
    Nothing at all, either in your post or in the links you provided either time. I'm running Firefox on a Mac, anyone else having problems, or is it just Oni and I?

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, they're not nothing, the pictures are showing up as 1x1 pixels for some reason!

Safari on mac, I'd advise using Photobucket, that's worked fine for me

Also, regarding the idea, it sounds fabulous, for the windows you could say that the stained glass is actually projected onto some sort of tough clear material, or that it is made from said tough material. As to the practicality of making them, that's easy enough, photoshop effects and acetates Though if the building is going to be enclosed then you might want to back the acetate with blank paper so you can actually see the images in the glass.
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

Veteran-Sergeant

yeah no pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast