BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chaplain

So it sounds like our Wulfen experts are suggesting great companies from 100-200 in strength (I've read wonderful treatises dispelling the myth that a codex chapter is "not ONE more than 1,000 astartes, but for the sake of this chart and discussion we'll simplify a box to be 'chapter sized ~ 1000astartes), and thus their standing force should be around 2,000 wolves altogether. I'll reduce them a bit, but for reasons discussed before, will live the size box of the extinct wolf-brothers, since they likely would have been quite a bit larger, when they were active.

Has anyone heard of the "Shadow Crows"? Someone on facebook mentioned them and successors, but I cannot find a reference to them online.

Also, are the Crimson Castellans discussed in any detail in Iyanden: A Codex: Eldar Supplement? I cannot figure out if they are extinct, or possibly all turned traitor?
    Last edited by Dlatrex; 03-11-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Chaplain

Ok here is V2.0. I tried to make it look a little bit more like an infographic =P

• Deleted Duplicates
    • Listed Exorcists, Star Phantoms, Hospitallers, Skull Bearers, Carcharodons, Minotaurs, Black Dragons, and Storm Giants as of disputed heritage.
    • Reduced standing force of The Route
    • Killed off the Dragon Lords

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    Ok here is V2.0. I tried to make it look a little bit more like an infographic =P

• Deleted Duplicates
    • Listed Exorcists, Star Phantoms, Hospitallers, Skull Bearers, Carcharodons, Minotaurs, Black Dragons, and Storm Giants as of disputed heritage.
    • Reduced standing force of The Route
    • Killed off the Dragon Lords

Wasn't the Black Dragons confirmed as a Sally Successor in Nick Kyme's books? Black Library is pretty canon.

And IIRC, most of those Unknowns are actually UM seed.

Edit: now that I think of it, I believe the Storm Giants were confirmed in the Sally series also.
    Last edited by alphariusomegon20; 03-11-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    So it sounds like our Wulfen experts are suggesting great companies from 100-200 in strength (I've read wonderful treatises dispelling the myth that a codex chapter is "not ONE more than 1,000 astartes, but for the sake of this chart and discussion we'll simplify a box to be 'chapter sized ~ 1000astartes), and thus their standing force should be around 2,000 wolves altogether. I'll reduce them a bit, but for reasons discussed before, will live the size box of the extinct wolf-brothers, since they likely would have been quite a bit larger, when they were active.

Has anyone heard of the "Shadow Crows"? Someone on facebook mentioned them and successors, but I cannot find a reference to them online.

Also, are the Crimson Castellans discussed in any detail in Iyanden: A Codex: Eldar Supplement? I cannot figure out if they are extinct, or possibly all turned traitor?
    The Ultramarines actually have slightly more than 1000 SM. I think the number was 1063, but I'm not entirely certain about that.

The Space Wolves depends on how you see the wording veteran warriors. Either they have less than 187 SW per Great company with the exception of Ragnar and Logan or thats the numbers of Wolf Guards. And there were like 13.000 SW left when Russ split the legion into Great Companies on the surface agreeing with Guilliman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123