BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonite View Post
    Harlequins can take an allied detachment of Eldar or Dark Eldar to gain objective secured.
    Sure, but that's not a full Harlequin army. Some people might want an all-Harlequin army.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaldin View Post
    The other thing is that they could have had HQ. It's there in the fluff and past, the High Avatar filled that role. While I love what they did, it really makes me wonder why they excluded the High Avatar when they were releasing a full codex.
    They renamed the High Avatar the Great Harlequin in 2nd edition. I've usually used mine as an autarch or archon up until this point. Haven't had a chance to play since the codex dropped, but maybe the release will sell well and we'll get a Great Harlequin data slate in the future.

For now I look forward to experimenting with the new formations.

Hehe, oops that's what I get for thumbing through my Compendium again... or was it the Compilation? I can never remember.. the red one!

Brother-Sergeant

The all harlequin army has it's own benefits without needing objective secured. The main formatiion (which is essentially a Harlequin detachment anyway) allows the obligatory re-roll warlord trait, you gain run and charge in the same turn - all that with fleet. Plus you get to re-roll invulnerable saves.

Like I said earlier, people will have to get used to the way harlies play; in your opponent's face before he realises you're there. Glassiest of glass hammers.

----

Sure - I was hoping for a Great Harlequin mini and rules for HQ. Although in the background in the book, it seems to have vanished. I think the book is fantastic as is, it does seem to me though that they were designed as an "allies" choice for other armies.
    Last edited by Zaonite; 03-06-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Chapter-Master

I think we'll see more of this kind of thing with these "mini factions" and they'll give each one their own unique Force orgs. it's not such a bad approach and does differentiate them, allthough i can see why some people would see it as limiting.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonite View Post
    Looking at the book, it seems that they'll just require a different playstyle to what we've been used to. So really, formations for battle forged or go unbound.

They are the glassiest glass hammer ever. They shouldn't really need objective secured because I think they're designed to wipe stuff out or make it run away.
    And probably would be challenged in trying to hold anything, anyway. A Harlequin stopping in combat is a dead Harlequin. There are more solid options to holding an Objective than Harlequins, anyway. Like Grots.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

the biggest issue is that its poor inconsistent games design, GW cannot now alter army creation without significantly hampering the harlequin codex....thats a time bomb waiting to happen
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    There's a pretty barebones formation that's 1 troupe, shadowseer and death jester.
    Problem with that one is that it can't have a transport (unless you ally with DE) as they are 7 models strong with only 6 models capacity on their transports and you can't detatch the DJ and Seer. Which you probably want to do as the DJ performs way better in a shooty unit or even solo while the Seer might be more valuable in another unit you want to protect.
    The main formatiion (which is essentially a Harlequin detachment anyway) allows the obligatory re-roll warlord trait
    Only the HARLEQUIN WL trait. Thats a big difference. The CAD allows you to reroll ANY trait. The harlie formation (and all other similar formations like realspace raider) only allows rerolls for the traits in the army book but not on the traits in the BRB which are a lot better most of the time.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    the biggest issue is that its poor inconsistent games design, GW cannot now alter army creation without significantly hampering the harlequin codex....thats a time bomb waiting to happen
    Since they jumped aboard the 'unbound' train I expect they'll keep that option going forward as their get out of jail free card.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

I wish "the internet" would quit ranting about completely unimportant matters, don't like how Harlequins run? Don't play them then. I'll enjoy them more knowing that they're all mine.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast